I upgraded chrome, and now my spelllchhecher doooess nooot work.

Hi everyone. My 3 year old Lenova thinkpad running windows 10 has been a royal pain to keep it running nice for the last 2 months or so. It seamed like every time I truned it on, I had to wait 3 minutes for it to come up, and often had to reset the entire computer by turning it off and holding down the off key for more than 10 seconds, and then after turning it back on still had to do a reset shutdown in windows before it would run decent.

I have Norton and have been looking at different things to modify with it to improve how my laptop works. Recently I saw an upgrade for chrome and did that and now my laptop is very fast on startup and just about everything else also. But now I have noticed that spell check is not working at all. And I am one of the worlds worst spellers.

How do I trun spell check back on? Hopefully without comprimising the new much better speeds my laptop now has.

Should just be able to go to settings in google. It's the three vertically aligned dots under the exit X. go to settings, then advanced tab, then language, then advanced and the spell check settings should be there.

I looked up some posible ways to fix it, and it has not worked.

I clicked "start"

Selected "setting"

Selected "Device"

Selected "Typing"

Spell check was already on

Below that I found that correct as I type was not on so I truned that on. It still does not indicate whhhhen I haave typed something incorrect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions that might fix it are appricated, ----- ?

Set the Think pad on a hard surface. The drive way works. Get a hammer and pulverize it with a hammer, then buy a new one. That technique has worked successfully for me over the years. Our old house had a pool and the wife wouldn't let me get near the pool with a cell phone in my hand. I detest cell phones. I had the exact thing happen and did what you did to turn the spell check back on.. The wife really didn't let me go by the pool with a cell phone though.

Last edited:
I did what You suggested JavierH19 and now am back in business regarding spell check. Now it does underline in red any word I miss spell.

Thanks JavierH19.
Yeah had that happen to me months ago when i reinstalled chrome since it would freeze non stop. I cant spell worth a **** i need it to tell me everything i did wrong.

i wish it would automatically correct, capitalize the first word of the sentence, and put the period after the second space hit like on the phone instead of advising me to correct it manually.

spell check still sucks to this day and im usually too lazy to do these mundane corrections or all of them if i do so i do partial corrections and give up because i couldnt care enough anyway. needs to do everything for me. i let google steal all my data so the least those ungrateful lizards could do is make me do less work.

Right click in any text input field in a web page and choose Spell Check -> [select the language you'd like to use; I am English (Canada)] or select Language Settings. Language Settings ought to enable you to download the language packs you need and enable spell checking.

Back