I turned up in an art gallery! (own horn = tooted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a message from a reporter that I interviewed for last year that she had seen a painting of something I had done June of last year. Other than I look like a fat lard in the photo, I'm impressed with their painting skills!

Waiting to hear back from the gallery to purchase the paintings related to the particular event.

I'm the bearded guy in the black shirt. The artist did move some folks around, but they did a very good job with the overall imprint of it all.

Last edited:
You look good I think. I don't mind tattoos either. Thanks for sharing also kind sir
wink.gif

Nice...

I'm working on what I want my first tattoo to be...that and working on the time to get one done.

Beards good too..

Shannow,
Sadly the beard is gone, for now. Work necessitated it. Get a tattoo that means something. When I was a kid, my mom took me to feed the koi before school at a local restaurant. So that tattoo was my version of a "love mom" thing.

bioburner,
They did pretty well good! Prior to that day, I didn't know most of the participants, so being able to pick out faces in the painting and show them was pretty special. Especially the girl with the flag, she was (as far as I know) our youngest marcher out of the 400 people. Her Uncle is a reporter for Brokea**Stuart, and her Dad works in a pediatric hospice facility. It's weird to have fond memories of a sad event, but it was nice to relive all the same.

Originally Posted By: RichardS
Well, I dig tattoos rather a lot. Hence the one you can see. Also, thank you!

You're welcome sir and thanks for all the info:)

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
How did you come to lead the parade with the banner?

I had the idea. When I woke up Sunday, and heard the news, I gathered with some close friends to sort of try and grasp what had happened. That next day, I had the sudden feeling that with the parade a handful of days away, that SF might not have anything in place in time to pay tribute to those that were killed. So I shook down social media to get in touch with all the right people, and this was the result of our combined efforts. I had questioned if I should really participate at all, given that most of the victims were Latinx, but ultimately decided that it's where I wanted to be. The other person, in the Mickey ears, was a fellow Floridian in SF, so we walked with the banner.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
I'm not an overly artsy type, but the artist did use your image to anchor the painting visually. Congratulations.

That was definitely nice to see! Just have to get over the stick shock on the price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back