I took a ride in a 2019 Honda Accord Sport

The neighbor gave me a ride to the auto parts store across town yesterday. It's a 2019, but still looks like new. That thing is fast! A 2.0L Turbo with a 10 speed automatic. Did I mention leg room? Tons of leg room. I'm seriously thinking about getting one someday. After an internet search, I found out that Honda dropped the 2.0L for the 2023 model year, but that gives 2017 thru 2022 to find one. :)

Sounds exciting!

2xik90.jpg

[Soft Cars: quote] "I found out that Honda dropped the 2.0L for the 2023 model year, but that gives 2017 thru 2022 to find one. :) "

2018-22
2017 still had the V6 & 6 speed auto or 6 speed manual(coupe or sedan dependent)

Last edited:
The 2.0L turbo Accord is quite a nice car. Good MPG, great driving dynamics and plenty of room. What's not to love?

Well, for me, the seats. I find them to be intolerable after a few hours, such as on 400 mile trips. I really can't say exactly what's wrong or why I dislike the seats so much, but they just don't work for me. I tried just about every adjustment possible, and really can't find a comfortable position. It's like they have the wrong lower cushion shape for a typical person, and it creates pressure where there should not be. I'm not alone in those thoughts either.

Last edited:
The 2.0L turbo Accord is quite a nice car. Good MPG, great driving dynamics and plenty of room. What's not to love?

Well, for me, the seats. I find them to be intolerable after a few hours, such as on 400 mile trips. I really can't say exactly what's wrong or why I dislike the seats so much, but they just don't work for me. I tried just about every adjustment possible, and really can't find a comfortable position. It's like they have the wrong lower cushion shape for a typical person, and it creates pressure where there should not be. I'm not alone in those thoughts either.
I still wish they made the 2 door coupe Accord...

The 2.0 is the way to go on these, good power and doesn't have the documented dilution issues of the 1.5. You can get the 2.0 with the stick too, although they are pretty hard to find. Lots of torque to the front axle without an LSD is the only downside.

I had the same issue on a 2013 Sport. But with a bad back it was more my fault most likely.

The 2.0T and 10-speed is a rocket. Man did I have fun with my 2020 Accord Touring! Was a fun car to launch!

So no dilution issues. Good to know - I can put Honda back on my list maybe?
I'm not saying it doesn't dilute at all...it is DI. However the consensus is you won't go find yourself a quart high like on the smaller engine. From what I understand the 2.0 doesn't dilute more than any other DI engine. If I owned one I would kick it up to an XW-30 on the oil and rest happy.

Back