I think I verified I'm an oil nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I hauled home in a backpack 15 miles on my motorcycle today:

6 liters Total Comp 10W-50 Racing
2- 5 liter jugs Lubro Moly 5W-30 low SAPS

16 liters about 30 lbs?

Total price- $45 don't ask where, there isn't any more available.

Originally Posted By: ledslinger
... Total price- $45 don't ask where, there isn't any more available.

You wouldn't be holding out on us, now, would you? 'Cause that would be bad. Very bad.
06.gif

You're getting there.
You get cool points for finding a deal on some uncommon oils.
Additional cool points for hauling sixteen liters home on a bike, and more cool points for having bought Euro oil in liter containers, rather than quarts.
When you have at least a two hundred quart stash, check back in.
You'll have reached nerdvana.

I'm past nerdvahna.

I should have known.
I try to deviate from that state myself, but then I find a slew of deals either here or on CL, and the stash remains stable.
Not sure how many quarts I have just now, but I did add a hundred or so quarts of syn this year, while using maybe seventy.

I'm past nerdvahna.

Hahaha! Oiltopia!! It's a great place to be.

I may be moving a few hundred miles away in the next few months, so I have put a stop (mostly) to making large oil purchases to help reduce the amount of oil I have to relocate. I've done 8 or 9 oil changes in the last two weeks and it doesn't seem like I've made a dent in Mt. Lubrication!

I at least have an excuse, since I have a marine repair business. Lots of oil changes during winterization season. The euro oils are going in my cars and motorcycles. I don't have 200 quarts just for my vehicles. But I have plenty.

The good part is if I update my stash, I can shift oil to being utilized in a customers boat if it is suitable. Sometimes I utilize oil that isn't real desirable for flushing oil when an engine gets water in the oil.

I need to find a deal on more HDEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back