I think I may have a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Torrid
I can't stop collecting oil filters. I only have two cars and I have 19 oil filters! This is nuts. Leave it to me to turn proper maintenance into an obsession. I have issues.

20130324153010.jpg

I see some STP filters. Thats a problem. I think M1 and STP filters in same cabinet is a crime similar to treason.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
I still have a couple P1's from 2007-2008 when they started using the glittery stuff. I can't help but use a different filter once in a while.

I have them too, I've been pawning them off on my dad, since I got them CHEAP on close-out from a Benson Auto parts
grin.gif

I think I'm going back to straight Motorcraft filters on the Expedition. I'll be buying another case of them, as I've only got two filters left from the last case I bought
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Torrid
I can't stop collecting oil filters. I only have two cars and I have 19 oil filters! This is nuts. Leave it to me to turn proper maintenance into an obsession. I have issues.

20130324153010.jpg

I see some STP filters. Thats a problem. I think M1 and STP filters in same cabinet is a crime similar to treason.

I am not a fan of STPs, but before I snagged the Motorcrafts that was the only filter I could find stocked locally for the Jag 4.0 V8. The binders are MECP certification reference guides. Most are probably out of date now that they are about 10 years old.

just pop yer peeper in the hole on the STP'S some are E-cores, some are not.

only 2 i've bought were a deal @ autozone last year (5qts Mobil Super 5000 & STP filter for $9.99)

both got hacked up unused, for practice @ filter cutting.

the Neon's filter was an e-core. down to the plastic cage in lieu of the center tube.
the vibe's filter was well made. metal in all the right places.

Yeah, these ones aren't e-core. It's the same reason why my GTO doesn't have only AC Delcos on the shelf. I started grabbing Bosch and Mobil 1 when I stopped being able to find non e-core Delcos.

Looks like my filter collection. I misplaced 6 oil filters for my Cruze, ordered 6 more, and then found the original 6! So now that car has 11 oil filters left (used one). The Fit has about 4-5 filters.

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
Just don't get to the point where you buy filters for cars that you don't own just because they're on sale, that's where it gets extreme.
smile.gif

Agreed. The oil is good for a very, very long time. With filters, unless you're sure your next car will have the same filter, not so much. As it was, I gave away about four filters with the old Audi. At least they were under $5 a piece when I grabbed them.

I'm going to start cutting my filter stock. I don't mind having enough for one or two OCIs ahead of time. After all, I have had to go on filter hunts in the past (or settle for a "wrong" brand) when some places turn up empty. but, I don't need a couple dozen laying around any longer. The taxis are history, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back