I think I may have a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop collecting oil filters. I only have two cars and I have 19 oil filters! This is nuts. Leave it to me to turn proper maintenance into an obsession. I have issues.

20130324153010.jpg

Hey, there's nothing wrong with stocking up if you get a good deal! Just don't get to the point where you buy filters for cars that you don't own just because they're on sale, that's where it gets extreme.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: justinf89
I don't see a problem at all. Very neatly organized too! As long as they were on sale.

The Motorcrafts were free! Someone was about to throw them out at work because not a single Jaguar has been serviced in three years.

Don't feel bad... or... I guess we can feel bad together
lol.gif
? I recently went into the same stockpiling phase.

Before I didn't understand why some people stockpiled oil. I knew one can just purchase oil as they need them or so I thought...

Then... WM clearing out PU happened
eek.gif
. I went into a stockpiling rampage lol. I ended up with 42Qts of the stuff. Then I told everyone here that I'm set for oil changes for the next 5 years and all I'm missing are oil filters. Someone posted P1 BOGO at Pepboys. Then I ended up with 4 P1 filters.

I think all this is a domino effect. I'm done for a while. By the time I get through my PU stock GF-6 and API-SO should be rolling out by then.

Now I can sit back and relax knowing that my car has a steady supply of oil and filters I know it works exceptionally well with.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Torrid
I don't see a problem at all. Very neatly organized too! As long as they were on sale.

The Motorcrafts were free! Someone was about to throw them out at work because not a single Jaguar has been serviced in three years.

Do you drive said Jag?

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Originally Posted By: Torrid

Do you drive said Jag?

My wife does. I would be a bit weird if I took filters I didn't have a use for!

Let me help.... looks like you can squeeze a few more filters in there.... in front of the Mobil-1 jug, stack more on the AC Delco, on top of the quart bottles, and it looks like a Motorcraft filter is missing. Clean up that mess on the left and right side of that cabinet, buy more cabinets, get shopping for filters, it'll be aright.

That cabinet needs some Lemon Pledge. Maybe you need a 2nd cabinet for the Pledge, feather duster, and other stuff to maintain your oil cabinet.

What's in the binders? :p

I like the GC stash too. As long as none of those oil filters are orange you're good to go

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
....Just don't get to the point where you buy filters for cars that you don't own just because they're on sale, that's where it gets extreme.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: torrid
My wife does. I would be a bit weird if I took filters I didn't have a use for

We were just making sure!

Anytime I buy anything from Rockauto I search for oil filters for any of the 3 cars I service. Last time I got 5 Motorcrafts for my wifes Chrysler minivan. I already had 3 on the shelf. But for a buck a piece I couldn't help it
smile.gif

I still have a couple P1's from 2007-2008 when they started using the glittery stuff. I can't help but use a different filter once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back