I Think I Blew A Fuse, Tripped a Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JC1
To the OP, I'm glad it only took you 50 years to get over with keeping up with the Oil Jonses!

No worries about it. I actually switched over to VWB and Valvoline Synthetic for Winter OCI. Can get it for a great Price at WM. However I am being a snob and running Fram Ultra's on both vehicles.

I would use a Fram Ultra in a minute and I know this is gonna sound weird but I actually like my Lexus Parts Manager as he has helped me out bunches of times. And I mean bunches of times. For example, my mechanic got in a jam installing a Lexus part. I called the Parts Manager and he got get a Service Tech on the phone after 5pm when the service tech was at home. That Lexus Service Tech and my mechanic worked together to get some oil thing properly installed on my old GS300

I don't forget that kind of help. That same Lexus service tech that will take the time and show me how to install certain parts while he is at work. He will call me to his bay and give me tips on installing a transmission mount, track bar, wheel bearing, etc.

Yeah, I will continue to buy my Toyota Oil Filters from him. Here, I don't want my heart to override my logic.

Super Tech filters are great fwiw. I've got two uoas posted with 10k runs of extremely hard use on them. Did great both occasions and have one on both my taco and 4Runner now

OP has four vehicles so he has plenty of back-ups in case of any potential car failure. For those stuck with one vehicle as their daily driver, they care more about what brand name oil to put in it, as your paycheck/livelihood depend on it being reliable.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Well, I guess I would have never thunk I would reach this depth of depravity. ....

Other bad habits will soon follow. Liquor, drugs, gambling, wandering etc... I don't condone any of those things but must inform you, in my particular case, they worked miracles.
crackmeup2.gif

When you're really down there slum'n and hit rock bottom, try a 5 gallon pail of Milesyn SB 5W-30 for $58. Been using it for nearly a decade and the engines are clean as a whistle and run like a top.

Sometimes you learn a few things when rubbing elbows with the sub-culture.

Originally Posted by RayCJ
Originally Posted by Gebo
Well, I guess I would have never thunk I would reach this depth of depravity. ....

Other bad habits will soon follow. Liquor, drugs, gambling, wandering etc... I don't condone any of those things but must inform you, in my particular case, they worked miracles.
crackmeup2.gif

When you're really down there slum'n and hit rock bottom, try a 5 gallon pail of Milesyn SB 5W-30 for $58. Been using it for nearly a decade and the engines are clean as a whistle and run like a top.

Sometimes you learn a few things when rubbing elbows with the sub-culture.

...‚...‚...‚.. that was funny!ðŸ‘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back