I Think I Blew A Fuse, Tripped a Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess I would have never thunk I would reach this depth of depravity. I'm in my 6th decade here on this earth. I have used Amsoil for 75% of my life starting in my late 20's. Committed adultery with RedLine a time or two here and there. But I never stopped loving Amy Soil. In my late 50's I decided I wanted a divorce of sorts and make the switch to Schaeffers. It was Moly that got me and lured me in.

Well, I am really upset with many of you as you have caused me to cheat again. That's right. I ain't gonna mention any names as the last divorce is not final. Let's just suffice it to say my mind is wandering. I almost feel dirty. My eyes have been drawn to things I used to poo-poo and turn up my nose. I secretly laughed at some of you that shared your love and respect for this "Ugly Duckling" lubricant.

DFig3, your logic and facts would sometimes irritate me as I tried to overcome logic and facts with true heartfelt emotion driven by my own logic.

Anyways, I want to confess my sin before you all with a picture that will bring to light the truth as I now see it. A book I read a lot says that the truth will set you free. Although, I believe it is speaking of another Truth. I ask forgiveness from all of you that I laughed so hard at your oil selection I would spew Sundrop on my computer screen. I'm believing I will be strong enough to not be tempted by Amazon Basic.

Maybe I need a reset? The last thing I want to do is to cause one of you to stumble and lead you astray.

[Linked Image]

I don't know whether to be happy for ya or disturbed by this post?...¨...‚

(both your car & pocketbook will be happy.. it's a win win)

Last edited:
I'm a couple years away from my 6th decade on earth. I've never used any of the high priced lubricants, just whatever is available that meets the specs for the vehicle, and changed those fluids based on the manufacturer's recommendations. Not paying the high price and over-maintaining vehicles "just to feel good" was one contributing factor in our ability to fully retire before reaching that 6th decade.

Originally Posted by Doublehaul
Super tech is honestly more "name brand" than Amsoil, redline, or Schaeffers.

I use a ton of their fluids...it's all been good stuff

You prolly already know this but if you check out Wally's msds page you'll see a lot of big name companies private label for them in the past...Prestone, Peak, SOPUS, Citgo, ConocoPhillips, Warren, STP/Armour All, Gold Eagle Corp, TCC (a blender and makers of "Johnsens") and so on.

I'm sure landing a contract to private label for Wally's is a big big deal for them...

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
I don't know whether to be happy for ya or disturbed by this post?...¨...‚

(both your car & pocketbook will be happy.. it's a win win)

Don't worry, be happy
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by oldhp
The older we get the less we care. You have now made it over the popular name brand oil thing. ☺

Amen!

Originally Posted by PimTac

Too much Who Hit John.

Don't make do a "main disconnect"
happy2.gif

Originally Posted by diyjake
Nice! What made you do the switch?

The maturity of my wisdom, maybe?

To the OP, I'm glad it only took you 50 years to get over with keeping up with the Oil Jonses!

No worries about it. I actually switched over to VWB and Valvoline Synthetic for Winter OCI. Can get it for a great Price at WM. However I am being a snob and running Fram Ultra's on both vehicles.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Nice! What made you do the switch?

If you are talking to me it was about value.

My opinion is that somehow my eyes were opened.

Originally Posted by andyd
Keeping oil between the dots on the dip stick Is the bottom line. Everything else is just personal choice
grin2.gif

Well, I will differ with you a little here. LOL I wanna keep my oil very near the top dot and maybe just a mm or two above it....

Did you pair that with a Super tech oil filter?

OH, PLEASE, NO!!! I can only take so much at one time. I'm afraid that may burn some of my wires to the point where I'd need an electrician to make the repairs.

I still use a Toyota OEM filter. I was set free from those High $ filters a few years back. About the time my chin hair started to turn gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back