I surprised my wife with a 2017 CRV Touring

Happy wife, happy life. Your heart is in the right place.

Please, have your wife add a line to this thread. We'd like to hear from her.

And, keep us up to date on your maintenance plan, sort of a do as I do example from someone that lives the BITOG life.

Nicely done.

I am sure that you will sleep well tonight.
wink.gif

Beautiful car. DON'T close the garage door on the roof, LOL! Funny, the things I remember.

Originally Posted By: pbm
How much below MSRP was your low ball offer?

Supposedly the MSRP is $34,735. But that's with the dubious Destination and Handling charge. I paid $32,000, plus our sales tax and registration. No other fees or garbage adders. Of course my spendthrift wife did the consumer reports "what people paid" bell curve thing and we were fairly far left.

OE 0W-20. Easy peasy decision, follow the reminder screen which appears very easy to reset. Legally the owner's manual does NOT seem that strong......"recommended" but let's PLEASE NOT have the stupid repeated conversation in this thread. I will use API OEZ 0W-20.

CVT Fluid? I could find no reference in the manual!! (Will scour tonight)

No room in the garage/shop for the last 8 years. We will be moving..........and yes that little dent is pretty irrelevant right now. We still have the van. It's my project hauler. That thing has been thrashed within an inch of its life. Drivetrain has been solid. Excellent.

Our fleet:

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 180K or so
2013 Honda Acura 65K
2014 Sub WRX 26K
2017 CRV Touring 60 miles

Originally Posted By: WillsYoda
A CRV is a small Pilot. An Odyssey is a large Pilot. So the CRV is a small minivan, the Pilot is a medium minivan, and the Odyssey is a large minivan. But, for marketing purposes, they should be small, medium, and large SUVs. 'Cause SUVs are cool and minivans are not. They should just call minivans huge SUVs.

I know too many people who have the Pilot (Highlander, etc.) because they think SUVs are cool, but they need more room but refuse to drive a "minivan." If they just considered the Odyssey a large SUV, they would be much happier with the Odyssey (or another minivan).
I'm not sure any Honda "SUV", or "truck", is built on anything but a UNIBODY design-so by a strict interpretation of "built on a full ladder frame", I'm not sure I consider them SUVs-and NO minivan qualifies as an SUV, except maybe the old Astro/Safari twins. (Prepares for attack by wannabe owners)
27.gif
PS-nice CRV!

Last edited:
Nice vehicle and Congrats!

We paid for our '16 EXL in November of last year $28K with everything and more, including finances here in GA;
Right now we owe approx. $20K on it

Last edited:
Congrats on the new CR-V! This new gen. is kicking butt and taking names. It seems to be the best any mfr. has done to-date at creating a well-packaged crossover with virtually no compromises coming from a sedan. Enjoy it.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
What was the MSRP? What was your low ball offer?

If you bother to read all the posts you'll have your answer....

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: Bud
And pray tell, what oil are you going to use.
grin.gif
Nice purchase.

SuperTech right?
grin.gif

That is a dang nice surprise, throw us some live shots.

Mobile2? :p

Pictures or it didn't happen....

Many moons of happy usage...

Now , what shoes do you plan to have on?

Also, what perfume would replace the "Factory new" essence?

Originally Posted By: WillsYoda
A CRV is a small Pilot. An Odyssey is a large Pilot. So the CRV is a small minivan, the Pilot is a medium minivan, and the Odyssey is a large minivan. But, for marketing purposes, they should be small, medium, and large SUVs. 'Cause SUVs are cool and minivans are not. They should just call minivans huge SUVs.

I know too many people who have the Pilot (Highlander, etc.) because they think SUVs are cool, but they need more room but refuse to drive a "minivan." If they just considered the Odyssey a large SUV, they would be much happier with the Odyssey (or another minivan).

By that logic, the CR-V is actually a tall Civic wagon as it is built off of the Civic platform and has nothing to do with the Odyssey (or Pilot).

This car has been somewhat of a pain.

Now the driver's side rear door fails to operate. Manual mode only. Cause unknown. have not even googled it.

Third battery, drain when quiescent is normal (must test this when solenoids have stopped).

Can't roll the SOB backward in N with power off. It completely brain locks the electronics and quickly drains the battery.

Good news, unlike our previous Honda, original PS pump.

This car has been somewhat of a pain.

Now the driver's side rear door fails to operate. Manual mode only. Cause unknown. have not even googled it.

Third battery, drain when quiescent is normal (must test this when solenoids have stopped).

Can't roll the SOB backward in N with power off. It completely brain locks the electronics and quickly drains the battery.

Good news, unlike our previous Honda, original PS pump.
Has it had the software updated for the known battery draw issues?

Back