i stuck my finger into my crakcase...change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to see if there was any gunk inside of the engine valve cover.

Should i chage it out early? it's for the 03 Focus with 500kms on M1. I just dont' want the oils from my finger to contaminate my next UOA, or worse yet, destroy my engine

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Used oil is a carcinogen, you should probably change your finger.

lol.gif
lol.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller
I just dont' want the oils from my finger to contaminate my next UOA, or worse yet, destroy my engine

Yeah, because there have been many documented cases where something like this caused engines to explode...
21.gif

Is there something you're not telling us? What exactly was on your finger when you stuck it into crankcase? Or maybe we're better of not knowing...

No need to change it out early; keep it in for a normal OCI. Your engine will do far worse things to your oil via combustion and friction than your finger oil.

I hope you cleaned your finger up really well, though!

I was going to let it go ..but we're all having a laugh here ..so why not?
21.gif

Quote:
i stuck my finger into my crakcase ...change it?

Wash your finger thoroughly. Especially before handling food. Change your oil at recommended intervals. UOA if desired.

..all in fun
55.gif

Change it out immediately and use autoRX on the change. No telling what the oil from your finger could do!
15.gif

Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller
I wanted to see if there was any gunk inside of the engine valve cover.

Should i chage it out early? it's for the 03 Focus with 500kms on M1. I just dont' want the oils from my finger to contaminate my next UOA, or worse yet, destroy my engine

LOL. Sometimes we worry about the most rediculous things, and your humor brings this to light! But on a serious note you should avoid sticking your finger in your nose until you wash it really well!

As long as he didn't stick his finger in his [censored] first he'll be fine. You don't want combustibles from his [censored] to introduce blowby (farts) into the car's crankcase via his stink finger.

Last edited:
I was thinking along those lines, only had a problem with wording it. Perhaps cross contamination from different fill/purge holes? My guess is as long as the proper sequence is used there'd be no contamination issues.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
As long as he didn't stick his finger in his [censored] first he'll be fine.

Well, he did say he put it in his crak case. I can only guess what that is...

I have to thank Stanley for our hoot of the day.
thumbsup2.gif

Anyway, don't worry about your UOA or your oil. Wear gloves.

I can already picture Blackstone's comments...

Quote:

Your crak case material was in service for 2 days, which is twice the interval noted for universal averages. The pH was normal at about 6, but the viscosity was really high and consistency was very hard, indicating abnormal purging patterns. Wear metals were low, but high concentration of gases in the crak case could result in spontaneous combustion. Resample again in 1 day and report back.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
As long as he didn't stick his finger in his [censored] first he'll be fine.

meh, even if he did, im sure his oil is still fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back