I stole a case of GTX 5w20 from a local farm store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a local farm store had a 20% off coupon in their weekly circular. I drove over there to browse around. I really could not find anything I could not live without until I got to the oil isle.
banana2.gif

So, I was browsing and noticed that their oil prices had not gone up to the level of Wal-Mart's current rates. I then noticed Castrol GTX 5w20 quarts were still $2.79 but all other GTX flavors were $3.29. I knew it was an error and I wanted to capitalize on it. So, I grabbed a case and headed for the check out. They rang up for $3.29 and I nicely told the lady they were marked $2.79 on the rack. She made a phone call and confirmed it. So, I just saved $6.00 instantly on a price change that they neglected to update on their racks. Then, I gave her my 20% off coupon.
LOL.gif

So what started out as $39.48 + tax became $33.48 + tax and then 20% off became $26.78 + tax! It came out to roughly $2.35 per quart after tax. But when you consider Wal-Mart wants $3.79 per quart & it is $2.90 per quart in a 5 qt jug, I am happy.

I know, it is not THAT big of a deal compared to what some of you get, but I was happy with my bargain!

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Well, if you're happy, then we're happy!!!
grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

That's a nice response!
This is like a feel good thread!

Congrats OP!

That's awesome. I also make it a habit to spend a good portion of my income at local store instead of Wmart.

You should take one case back for a in-store credit without the reciept then you will have a credit and a case for cheap!
grin2.gif
just kiddin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back