I still like the Schaeffer's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently we have been hearing about a new Castrol 0W3-30 oil from Germany. It probably costs something like 5-6 dollars at AutoZone.

I think I will go the Schaeffer's route. Schaeffer's part synthetic is about 3 dollars (or course you have to add the shipping costs) and you have a proven motor oil that can probably go the same distance as the synthetic oils. Plus the Schaeffer's Oil is available in the viscosity you need. 5W-30 with a little Auto-RX added sounds good to me.

Of course, if this new Castrol oil proves to be really incredible, I might change my mind.

I'd try Schaeffers in a heartbeat if I could drive down to Wal-Mart or AutoZone and get it. But for me to go to all the trouble to mail order an oil, it would have to be VASTLY superior to anything I can buy off the shelf. As good as Schaeffers is, I don't find it to be good enough for me to go to the trouble to use it. Not when I can easily get Mobil 1.

I agree with rugerman. Soon, I'll make another trip to Texarkana, to visit with my Aunt, & do my small part to help keep Tim selling BobZoil products. I should start a list now. By the time I go, I might need a 2nd job!
grin.gif

williar, I am new to this web site. I don't know what happened with Bob and the forum. Maybe you can fill me in. I do know that I can get Schaeffer's products in the quantities I want from Tim Mills. I have not ordered anything from Bob yet. Tim Mills is great! He is friendly and really cool. The first time I tried to get in touch with a Schaeffer's rep I almost never tried again. The guy never even replied. But Tim Mills is completely different. I hear that Bob is really cool, too. Mills is like Frank, the Auto-RX guy.

quote:

Originally posted by williar:
After the way they treated BOB and this forum, no way - even if it were free.

All your doing is hurting Bob.No sales=no income for Bob.
IF your going to use Schaeffers' products,give Bob or Tim your buisness.Just my opinion.
Mark
BTW,Schaeffers has MORE than motor oil to offer.Just one example: Penetro 90(#190) is the BEST penetrating lube I've ever seen. Not just my opinion,but everyone I've given a can to has been amayzed at its' performance.Neutra and #132 have been trouble-free/satisfactory in their own right.#266 CITROL has done everything it was designed to do for me.
Performance/Price is what matters to me.

[ May 05, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Greg:
can i go to wal-mart or canadian tire and pick up a 4L jug for a reasonable price? no? hmm.

If it aint at Wal-Mart,must not be any good?no?hmm.
dunno.gif

Mark

quote:

can i go to wal-mart or canadian tire and pick up a 4L jug for a reasonable price? no? hmm.

No, you can't go to Walmart or Canadian Tire to get it, but on my last Schaeffer order, I had two cases shipped to me for a total of $165.42 Canadian, which is $6.89 per quart including taxes and shipping, so that works out cheaper than Mobil 1, and for a better oil too. If I ordered more cases at once, the overall price would be even lower still.

Also on my last order, I placed the order on the Monday, and it arrived at the Greyhound Courier dept on the Thursday.

68redlines73, I read the thread. The only thing I can say, I guess, is that if you have the best, or one of the best, products on the market, then you should not be afraid of the competition. If I had not visited this site, I probably never would have heard of Schaeffer's Oil. This web site is incredibly useful to anybody who owns a car, truck, van or SUV and wants to buy the best oil, oil filters, air filters, etc., for that vehicle. This is the only web site that I personally am aware of where you can get actual information about the relative performance of motor oils. If Schaeffer's Oil is one of the best, they should have nothing to fear from this. The only people who should fear the competition are the people who have poor quality products. If your product is truly the best, then you should not mind the comparative testing that proves it.

However, I am still pretty confident from what I have discovered at this web site, that Schaeffer's Oil is still one of the best. I certainly at least want to give it a try. I can't help the attitudes of management.

quote:

Originally posted by rugerman1:

quote:

If it aint at Wal-Mart,must not be any good?no?hmm.
dunno.gif

Mark

no, if it's not at wal-mart or canadian tire it's not accessible, and therefore not worth the time obtaining when there are alternatives.

Well, there are certainly alternatives. I could keep using the Chevron oil I am using now, which I started using after finding this web site and finding out that Chevron oil tests pretty good for a conventional oil. I had been using Valvoline before. Considering that Saturns may have sludge problems, I do kind of like this idea. The oil would be in the engine for only 3000 miles (when I use a conventional oil I use 3000 mile oil changes). Chevron oil and 3 oz. of Auto-RX sound pretty good.

I almost did forget about Schaeffer's Oil after I first came to this web site and shortly afterwards I tried to contact a Schaeffer's rep in my state. He never even replied to my email.

But my experience with Tim Mills, who sells Schaeffer's Oil, has been very positive. I sure can't say anything negative about him. I also can't say anything negative about the first Schaeffer's products that I have tested.

It is a pain to have to order stuff and have it shipped to you. But then again, I had to have Auto-RX shipped to me also, and I sure like it. I would not change oil again and not add 3 oz.

People who sell Schaeffer's Oil can't do anything about the attitudes of management. I still want to at least give Schaeffer's Oil a trial in my car. What can it hurt? If I don't like the Schaeffer's Oil, I can always go back to Chevron.

quote:

no, if it's not at wal-mart or canadian tire it's not accessible, and therefore not worth the time obtaining when there are alternatives. [/QB]

Call to Mill's Outdoor....5 minutes.

Cost per quart of Schaeffer's with shipping....just over 3 bucks (US dollars).

Doing this all from the comfort of your chair and not spending your cash at a junk store...priceless.
cheers.gif

[ May 07, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: mormit ]

mormit, that is exactly right. It took me only a few minutes to call Tim Mills and put in an order for Schaeffer's products. I can't remember exactly how long it took for the stuff to arrive at my home, but we are talking about only a few days. My order did not cost very much. I don't know how much the more expensive Schaeffer's full synthetic oils cost, but the part synthetic is only about 3 bucks.

Tim Mills is friendly and doesn't hassle a person in any way. The sort of person I personally like to deal with. He is like Frank, the Auto-RX guy.

Ordering from tim Mills is just as good as driving to an auto parts store and buying motor oil. But the Schaeffer's Oil you can get from Tim Mills may well put the typical motor oil you can buy in that auto parts store to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back