I scored 48 more quarts!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by brianpavlovic:
I was in the city (Philadelphia) with my wife this morning running errands and literally struck Elvish Gold......Anyhoo, some of the numbers say MO2 MO3 MO4.

To be precise, with those batch numbers, you struck Elvish Green.
grin.gif

quote:

Are the MO2 and MO3 too old or expired oil? I guess what I am asking is if oil can expire and actually hurt your engine?

Not oil this "young." You are fine.

They were in their "reduced bin"!!!! Apparently, they were cleaning out old stock for new stock to come in. I made sure to check the price was accurate. I could not believe it!! I just want to make sure that oil does not expire or anything. The batch numbers vary from MO2, MO3 and MO4. I think I have about 8 oil changes worth of oil!!!!!

p.s. I tried the gold and it didn't run the same as the green.

quote:

Originally posted by JeffPGH:
What if the GOLD turns out to be BETTER than the GREEN???

I think what we might find is that due to the changing lubrication environment for some Euro vehicles, Castrol has reformulated to meet the target specs for which they shipped us the Elixer in the first place, i.e. I think it was shipped to us to meet specific specs for VW/Audi, although, as we have seen, it performs well in many vehicles. Having said that I think it will continue to perform well in a wide range of vehicles, but I will also be surprised if we don't see revised specs on the bottle targeted at VW, Audi and maybe even BMW. I think it is important for us to lay hands on some batches after M0507.

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:

quote:

Are the MO2 and MO3 too old or expired oil?

YES, they are expired and if you use it, you engine will blow up!!! Box it up and sent it down to FL.
cool.gif

The Elves, while they appreciate the love you all have for their Elixer, are shocked...shocked I tell you!!!... by the deviousness which people will employ to lay their hands on it.
nono.gif
(They still love you guys!)
grin.gif

Bri, what was the co$t? Good score. I would group them by date code and use the early ones first. If you want to ditch the M02 ones, I'll take them.

I was in the city (Philadelphia) with my wife this morning running errands and literally struck Elvish Gold...... In one of the poorest neighborhoods I've driven through on Cumberland Ave, the Autozone there had 48 quarts and I bought them all!!!!!! When I approached the register, they all looked at me like I had four heads..... Anyhoo, some of the numbers say MO2 MO3 MO4 . Are the MO2 and MO3 too old or expired oil? I guess what I am asking is if oil can expire and actually hurt your engine?

They were marked 1.99 in the bin each, I could not believe it, so I asked the cashier and she scanned them and sure enough, 1.99 each. I said sold!!!!! I wonder how many oil changes I have now?

quote:

Originally posted by brianpavlovic:
They were marked 1.99 in the bin each, I could not believe it, so I asked the cashier and she scanned them and sure enough, 1.99 each. I said sold!!!!! I wonder how many oil changes I have now?

Wow, what a score...I'm jealous! I'll have to hit-up my local AutoZone today at lunch to see if by some chance they too are clearing-out their GC supply at the lower price.

I hit all (except one) of the Autozones within a 20 mile radius in the last 2 weeks and scored 29 quarts. 18 of them today!! I will hit the other one soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back