I ordered oil filters online the other day...

they are everywhere pretty much; as same as for the great oil, I'm trying to stick to great filters; Hondas filters are just that, great filters

i've open them many and they are really quality build filters

I just like better the one on the right

View attachment 109430
One on the right is Champ (or Fram), one on the left looks Chinese to me (Premium Guard, etc.). My one problem with eBay & Amazon, there’s a lot of counterfeit parts oit there!

One on the right is Champ (or Fram), one on the left looks Chinese to me (Premium Guard, etc.). My one problem with eBay & Amazon, there’s a lot of counterfeit parts oit there!
I got to the point I don't want to buy anything online nowadays

I never quite understood the fascination with the Honda OEM filters. Yea, they're a good filter, but not worth the headache to specifically chase down and get. There are plenty of other filters in the price range that can be had easier. But, to each his own. My J30A4 has made it north of 265k with only ever having one Honda filter on it and that was the one from the factory.
I agree with this because I've owned both Honda and Subaru products and used OEM filters for some time with both of them and I cut open all my used filters for examination.
To me there's nothing bad about their filters, but nothing great either.

The only OEM filters I found that to me seemed to be constructed really well were Hyundai. I ran them on my 2008 Santa Fe 2.7L V6.

As mentioned previously, BUYER BEWARE when using sites like eBay or Amazon. We have experience seizing plenty of counterfeit product that comes from Asia, even being sold from "Cummins Filtration" or "Fleetguard" accounts that aren't us. Your best bet is to get the product from legitimate sellers like a dealership.

To those familiar with Honda filters those are pretty obvious.

First clue they are labels as A02, but they look like A01. A01 are Roki, A02 are Fram (FKA Honeywell)

Second Clue a Canadian A02 would be something like 10 years old.

Third clue no P gasket.

I’d love to see the innards, I bet they are a real freak show.

As already advises, but only from a Honda dealer .

yup I thought so.. ebay would love to know about counterfeits being sold, yeah I've reported fake stuff before, they do take it seriously..

Glad you caught this before you ever used it! thumbs up for that!
eBay has a counterfeit policy. If they giver you a hassle about returning them for a refund, tell them you will go to eBay and report it. Then you will get the eBay money back offer.

eBay has a counterfeit policy. If they giver you a hassle about returning them for a refund, tell them you will go to eBay and report it. Then you will get the eBay money back offer.
I knew it was something like that, thanks for clearing it up. I remember reporting counterfeit after I had already returned them. Of course it was spark plugs. The counterfeiters are getting really good, but one thing they messed up on and I caught it. From then on I'll get my plugs at NAPA! but thanks for the update!

I knew it was something like that, thanks for clearing it up. I remember reporting counterfeit after I had already returned them. Of course it was spark plugs. The counterfeiters are getting really good, but one thing they messed up on and I caught it. From then on I'll get my plugs at NAPA! but thanks for the update!
No Problem! My friend just went through this with spark plugs also. Seller didn't give her any problems at all. Sent her a return label right away. I told her to still report it to eBay.

new filters are in; I simply have more confidence in using these

another eBay seller the one I've used before

right off the bet, I could tell the are lighter filters by holding them in hand

IMG_5526.jpeg
IMG_5527.jpeg

Back