I ordered oil filters online the other day...

hoping for a Honda product from eBay and this is what I got; the original images as advertised were a completely different design from what I got; I'm sending it back asap

Couldn't they just decide on the country of origin; a global economy in action; just nuts!

IMG_5497.JPG
IMG_5498.JPG
IMG_5502.jpeg
IMG_5503.jpeg

Was the seller a Honda dealership or just some random. Definitely suspicious signs of potential fakes, difference between filters, but also difference between the label saying Made in Canada and on the filter it has Assembled in USA or Made in Japan.

I never quite understood the fascination with the Honda OEM filters. Yea, they're a good filter, but not worth the headache to specifically chase down and get. There are plenty of other filters in the price range that can be had easier. But, to each his own. My J30A4 has made it north of 265k with only ever having one Honda filter on it and that was the one from the factory.

I never quite understood the fascination with the Honda OEM filters. Yea, they're a good filter, but not worth the headache to specifically chase down and get. There are plenty of other filters in the price range that can be had easier. But, to each his own. My J30A4 has made it north of 265k with only ever having one Honda filter on it and that was the one from the factory.
What headache? They're available at every Honda dealer, auto parts store, and some Walmarts.

IMO the A02 is one of the most available filters, period.

one look at the filter's gasket you can tell it's not correct. The P type o-ring gasket is what is normal, the picture of the fake shows it as a wide/flat surface, definitely fake.. Not to mention the mis-labeling which Honda doesn't do.. ever..

send them back.. get them locally at the dealer..

also the question wasn't answered.. was this from a Honda dealer on Ebay (I doubt it..) or some random seller? (most likely)

one look at the filter's gasket you can tell it's not correct. The P type o-ring gasket is what is normal, the picture of the fake shows it as a wide/flat surface, definitely fake.. Not to mention the mis-labeling which Honda doesn't do.. ever..

send them back.. get them locally at the dealer..

also the question wasn't answered.. was this from a Honda dealer on Ebay (I doubt it..) or some random seller? (most likely)
random of course with 10,000 sales on his account

they are everywhere pretty much; as same as for the great oil, I'm trying to stick to great filters; Hondas filters are just that, great filters

i've open them many and they are really quality build filters

I just like better the one on the right

IMG_5518.jpeg

Back