I ordered a Genuine Ford OE brake drum from a dealer online and got aftermarket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to replace a wheel bearing on a 2002 Focus with rear drums, and on this car, the bearing is part of the drum. Part number 2U2Z-1V126-D

On the site, in both the diagram, and the description, it clearly indicates that the bearing IS included! I ordered online from Jacky Jones Ford in Georgia
2U2Z-1V126-D

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Jacky Jones Ford

Product Details

Positions: Left, Right Other Names: Drum, Drum - Brake
Description:Focus. Drum brakes.
Notes: Includes Inner Bearing. Manufacturer:

Unfortunately, I received a Motorcraft drum BRD-45... with NO wheel bearing included
mad.gif

The Focus MUST use an OEM wheel bearing ONLY. Aftermarket bearings just don't work on this car. The OE supplier is SKF.

Motorcraft is often the same as OEM Ford, but not in this case. Although the Ford oval logo is absent, the inside of the drum is stamped FoMoCo

Wagner's e-coated drum for the Mk1 Focus use a bearing made by Shuoye
smirk2.gif
Why can't any of the aftermarket drumsd come with real bearings from SKF, Timken, [censored], or NTN?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Why not just buy the SKF bearing and either install it yourself or have someone else do it? It looks like they are sold on Rock Auto for $32.79.

Or else go back to Ford and complain that it isn't the right part, everywhere I look it is supposed to include the bearing.

Edit: Except here, which says bearing not included:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-Hub-Drum-2U2Z-1V126-D-/272598171082

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kschachn
Why not just buy the SKF bearing and either install it yourself or have someone else do it? It looks like they are sold on Rock Auto for $32.79.

Or else go back to Ford and complain that it isn't the right part, everywhere I look it is supposed to include the bearing.

This is why
crazy2.gif

I found a NOS Ford drum that includes the OE SKF bearing, so I'll buy that
smile.gif

I emailed the dealer to return this bearing-less drum.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Edit: Except here, which says bearing not included:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-Hub-Drum-2U2Z-1V126-D-/272598171082

Even on that one it has "ONLY PART REFERENCE #1 ON THE DIAGRAM IS INCLUDED:" which includes the bearing.

Says on the cataloging it no longer comes with the bearing. This is the note for the service components:

1 THIS IS SERVICED IN DETAILS NO LONGER HAS BEARING JM
2 2U2Z1V126D DRUM
3 YS4Z1A049AA BEARING
4 80916 1M5Z1A095A SEAL
5 80916 W703474S3001 CLIP

IMG_9425.jpg

Take it up with Jacky Jones. They didn't deliver what was promised. I doubt there are any Ford made parts being made for a 2002 anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Says on the cataloging it no longer comes with the bearing. This is the note for the service components:

2 2U2Z1V126D DRUM
3 YS4Z1A049AA BEARING
4 80916 1M5Z1A095A SEAL

Do you have a link to that site?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

2 2U2Z1V126D DRUM
3 YS4Z1A049AA BEARING
4 80916 1M5Z1A095A SEAL

Do you have a link to that site?
smile.gif

I do but you have to be either a Ford employee or dealer employee to access it. Those notes are per engineering.

you have to be either a Ford employee or dealer employee to access it. Those notes are per engineering.

Then it doesn't count
smirk2.gif

Catalogs available to the public clearly indicate that the wheel bearing is included
smile.gif

I would suggest you send your Ford-only link to Jacky Jones. Their email is [email protected]. You may also want to contact Ford directly about the mistake, so they can correct it for every dealer nationwide. Because the next customer to order this drum and complain could be one of yours.

Negative, the cataloging clearly states that the bearing is no longer included. Both the catalog that Ford provides for dealers and the SnapOn EPC that my dealer pays thousands of dollars a month for show this. Every parts person worth a grain knows to check the parts replacement tab when there is a note like that.

Plus the Epicor and Activant pictures in the aftermarket clearly show the drum no longer comes with the bearing.

These are the illustrations provided for that part number used by all of the parts houses. There is no bearing.

This part has been out since 2016, I have sold it a few times along with the bearings. The online catalogs can be pretty terrible, fordpart.com is one which is why my dealer is not signed up to that program.

IMG_9492.jpg

Yes, I know the aftermarket Motorcraft listing with the Motorcraft part number BRD-45 does indeed show the bearing is not included. But listings for the Ford OEM part number on dealers' websites 2U2Z-1V126-D will say the bearing is included. Even though they are the same drum!

Dealers should install the bearing into the drum every time someone orders the drum and bearing together. And tell Ford how stupid they are to no longer sell the drum with the bearing
mad.gif

I was lucky enough to find a NOS OEM drum with the bearing installed this time, and I will cross my fingers hoping either I'll be able to find one if I need to replace the other wheel bearing, or it doesn't get bad enough as long as I have to deal with the car. If I ever need to replace the other drum/bearing and can't find a NOS OEM one with the bearing, I'll take my chances with Wagner.

The best part is that Ford still makes the hub/bearing assembly for the Focus with disc brakes, even though only a small percentage of Foci actually have disc brakes. Almost every non-SVT Mk1 Focus has rear drums! It's easier to fit the rear-disc Focus hub onto the drum, or even convert to rear discs
crazy2.gif

Perhaps you could pop out the studs from the new rear drum, then install the rear-disc hub onto the drum
27.gif

The Mk1 Focus rear wheel bearings are the same for both disc and drum

2U2Z-1V126-D and BRD-45 are literally the same part. They have both numbers listed on the box. One is a long number, one is a short number. Besides the 1V126 base number indicates it is a Motorcraft part and not a Ford OE part. If it was a Ford OE part it would have 1126 for the base number which wouldn't come with the bearing anyway since 1113 is the base number for the drum with bearing anyway.

The long and the short numbers give dealers options on how they want to do their inventory. We bill out all drums and rotors with the long number. The OE brake pads we use the long number while the Motorcraft pads are by the short number. The only parts we use the short number on are air/fuel/oil filters, FEAD belts, wiper blades, and spark plugs. Chemicals are short number since most don't have long numbers anymore.

2U2Z-1V126-D and BRD-45 are literally the same part. They have both numbers listed on the box. One is a long number, one is a short number. Besides the 1V126 base number indicates it is a Motorcraft part and not a Ford OE part. If it was a Ford OE part it would have 1126 for the base number which wouldn't come with the bearing anyway since 1113 is the base number for the drum with bearing anyway.

Yes, I know they are the same part now, when I received the drum.

I did not know about the base number specs, though. The new NOS drum I ordered is indeed 1113
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

Yes, I know they are the same part now, when I received the drum.

I did not know about the base number specs, though. The new NOS drum I ordered is indeed 1113
smile.gif

The 1113 has been obsolete for a few years now. I will say that normally when there is a part supercession which is replaced by multiple parts, they will indicate all the replacements on the catalog. I think with this design being so old, that they didn't bother since there are so few still on the road or more importantly, under warranty.

I just bought a Motorcraft boxed brake shoe for my Ranger and the part was actually stamped Federal Mogul.

Originally Posted by nobb
I just bought a Motorcraft boxed brake shoe for my Ranger and the part was actually stamped Federal Mogul.

Ford doesn't actually make their own brake pads, just like most every other manufacturer. On my '14 Mustang the front pads come from Brembo and the rears from Varga. I have seen Pagid and Akebono also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back