I once owned a 67 Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/10...-illinois-60064

Should have kept mine..when we paid it off, total payments added up to 1900 dollars.

Hard to believe they want 24,000 bucks for the one above,,unreal..imho -- wonder if its a misprint...

Cursory look seems to show it in good shape. I know black plate CA cars do often carry a premium.

Remember as kid seeing one in Mexico. The body had been replaced by a perfect replica of the shape of a VW beetle, made out of wrought iron. See-through.

while i hoed potato fields or washed dishes, a high school buddy rebuilt one beetle from 2-3 junked ones for his teenaged summer jobs. and he got to work with a cold beer in hand borrowed from the family fridge. nice times...

Originally Posted By: vwmaniaman
I still have and drive a 65 Beetle. I converted it to 12V and put in a 57hp motor that I rebuilt. Also own a 75 Westfalia and an 86 Westfalia. then when out for a fun drive we take the 87 VW Cabriolet. Simple to repair. We have had the Beetle for 34 years. Most dependable car I own.

I owned 2 of them back in the day, a 68 Beetle and a 67 Microbus. I don't remember them as being dependable, I had to work on them constantly! Fortunately, they were easy and cheep to repair. The 2 most vivid memories I have of them is... when I lived in Wisconsin, I had to keep an ice scraper close at hand in the wintertime so I could scrape the frost from the INSIDE of the windshield as I drove, and, how they blew all over the highway when it was windy, especially the Microbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back