I never thought I'd find a mass market ketchup I liked more than Heinz. Or that it would be Russian. Really.

funny you ask as i almost included a pic of the back. But it was small print and not in English so I didn't. Here it is. (bottom)
Was there a picture? Not seeing it.

* This is the "sashlik" blend (kebabs) like parshisa mentioned above. If you check their link above, they have like 10 different ketchups (mayos, too). She said she bought this particularly to make some sashlik last month, so there are likely different options. Appsently on the label in the first post, the line that is "WAW(d)b..." means "sashlik" mix. I dont' know Russian but I can sound out some Cyrillic so I see that now.
Yes, Шашлычный / Shashlychny.

I took Russian in middle and high school, but forgot most of it.

The Polish stores near me (Wallington, NJ) don't have ketchup.
Any Russian shops I ever saw was back before the export food catalogs became so ubiquitous. I'll look again if the stuff's that good.
Keep in mind that ketchup's red color ages. Try to determine how much food coloring you're buying and ingesting.

Was there a picture? Not seeing it.

Grrr... I was trying to do two things at once. Here it is. Point was, appears "typical" sugar content, but others maybe less since this is a specific "sashlik" blend.

IMG-2932.JPG

*** True fact: Not a Kerry fan, but I did once swim in his and Theresa Heinz's swimming pool and have a beer in their kitchen. One summer when they were out of town yachting in Rhode Island or something like that. Really. But i was a dumb kid then and it was like 1987. ;)
You'll have to be a bit more specific. She wasn't married to John Kerry until 1995 and they didn't meet until 1990. She was married to Senator John Heinz until he died in a plane crash in 1991.

You'll have to be a bit more specific. She wasn't married to John Kerry until 1995 and they didn't meet until 1990. She was married to Senator John Heinz until he died in a plane crash in 1991.

Ah, must have been before they married. It was her house and the person who borrowed it for the party knew both of them. I recall now he was unmarried around then. Years conflated two things; thanks for correcting me.

Back