i need information about gm oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
please guys tell me what you know about gm goodwrench motor oils. i have used that oils twice,once 10w30 and 5w30. and im planning to use 10w30, cause im only gonna drive summertimes. what would be kinematic viscosity to gm oil 10w30,and all kind of other information that comes to mind.my plan is to use gm dino oil 10w30 that long until i get to save some money,and then try synthetic blend 10w30,and if it starts to leak,i have money to fix it.
rolleyes.gif

im interested all experiences what you might been having with gm goodwrench engine oils. thanks guys,
cheers.gif

gr_stretch.gif
gr_stretch.gif

I used GM Goodwrench 15W-40 Dino in my 1991 Suburban with a 6.2 with 3000 mile OCI's and at 135,000 miles it is still going strong. To this point there has never been any oil related problems.It has worked well.
grin.gif

Form what I could dig up gm oil here in the states is made by mobil and that it is some kind of mobil clean or superflow.

i have contact to gm and asked that is it mobil,that makes your oil?they responsed by answering that,gm goodwrench motor oils are produced for gm.mobil is a competitor brand
rolleyes.gif

You could try getting the MSDS from GM, then comparing it to the MSDS for other ExxonMobil products.

Fun social experiment:
"Oh. What about Castrol? Do they make it?"
"How about Chevron?"
"What about Warren?"
for giggles... "I heard it was really Motorcraft. Is that true?"
"Does Elf make it for you?"
"What about the rumor I saw on the Internet that it's really Amsoil XL 7500?"

A couple of years back when I had a Chevy, I found that my local GM dealer was using a Mobil bulk oil formulated specially for GM dealers.
There is even an MSDS from a few years back on ExxonMobil's site for "Mobil 5W30 (GM)" or something similarly named.

What a great non-answer. Mobil branded oils are of course a competitor. However, this does not mean that the GM oil was not produced by the Exxon/Mobil organization OEM group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back