I need help finding statistics of yearly sales of bottle-jacks in the U.S. and other major countries.

I have an improvement in the area of bottle-jacks, and need information on yearly sales of bottle-jacks in the United States and other major countries. It would also be helpful to have figures of yearly production in these countries. And if possible these statistics broken down into the different size ranges such as 10 ton or less, >10 ton up to 20 ton, > than 20 ton.

Gurufocus.com seams to have some information from what I can see for free, but I am not sure it would be worth it to spend $455.00 for a membership to access the full report.

One of the problems I am having is that many of the companies that make bottle-jacks also make many other things and therefore you can not determine what percent of the sales is related to bottle-jacks.

Some of the companies listed on the Guru free online report are:

Ellis Manufacturing
Zinko Hydraulic Jacks
Shinn Fu Company of America
Vankos
Webber-Hydraulic
Bosch
Powerbuilt
Northern Tool + Equiptment
Torin
Sunex Tools
US Jacks
Weaver Jacks
ESCO
Autoline Industries
Surewerx
Blackhawk Automotive

----------------------------------------------------------

And the countries I am interested in finding out the sales figures for are:

United States
Canada
Denmark
Europe
Finland
France Germany
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom

------------------------------------------------------------

Also it would be helpful if I knew the source of any data so I could quote where those figures come from.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe someone here on BITOG has access to some data base that can provide this information. I have checked with the Carnegie library of Pittsburgh PA business branch and they can not find the data I need.

Thanks in advance.

Stay safe.

JimPghPA

The information does not have to be for all the countries or broken down into each size. That is just the best possible results I could use. But any information is better than none.

As someone who worked in a large corporation for several decades and was involved in the intellectual property process from the technical side, I will say this. Whenever we were approached by an "inventor" from the outside, we would not communicate with them. Why? Because as soon as they divulged anything to us, it meant we could not go down that path even if we already had without the potential for lawsuits over stealing said property.

If you have a significant invention, get an attorney and file for a patent. Expect the application to be denied at least once in the US. Once it issues, then you can approach folks or they may be attracted to it if they are doing a survey of technology on a regular basis. If you are approached, use an attorney to handle any details on royalties.

It may not be worth the $455, or it may be. Unless one of our posters is familiar with exactly what is in the full report, and whether it is what you need, the only way to find out is to buy it.

Good luck with your endeavor.

As someone who worked in a large corporation for several decades and was involved in the intellectual property process from the technical side, I will say this. Whenever we were approached by an "inventor" from the outside, we would not communicate with them. Why? Because as soon as they divulged anything to us, it meant we could not go down that path even if we already had without the potential for lawsuits over stealing said property.

If you have a significant invention, get an attorney and file for a patent. Expect the application to be denied at least once in the US. Once it issues, then you can approach folks or they may be attracted to it if they are doing a survey of technology on a regular basis. If you are approached, use an attorney to handle any details on royalties.
Thank you for your advice. I am no strainer to the patent process, and what has been the attitude of companies towards inventors in the past and also more recently. I have also read several books about it in the past and also recently. I have also personally received a patent in the past working with a patent attorney, and also have had a company I was working for patent an invention I came up with for them. I also have a life long friend who received a patent, and had an uncle who received several patents on things he came up with for the company he was working for.

My first patent was approved with the initial application, which is extremely rare, but I used one of the best patent attorneys in the Pittsburgh PA area, and of course I proofed his work before it was submitted.

Also one of the companies I worked for had some interesting problems with there patents and those of there competitors.

You really have to ask what the report that can be accessed with a $455.00 gurufocus membership contains when you consider that an actual hydraulic jack market survey will cost about $4000.00 for a single user license. This report will provide current status plus a 4-5 year forecast. I've worked with these reports, most recently for backing compounds and rail lubricants. They contain a lot of information.

Back