I need facts only if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say I'm not new to the oil debate,been on the ford forums for many years , lurking here also for many years.

Ive used amsoil briefly in the past and switched to moble1 EP for 4 years on my 06 ford f250 V-10(bought new),now i sold my truck and bought a new Suzuki sx4 sedan,in the process of breaking it in .

My question is, I'm tired of all the misinformation and want to know for sure if moble1 EP is a group 3 oil or not?If it is, I'm thinking of redline, because it seems to be in a class on its own (group 5).

Thanks

My question is why does it matter?

Your question is somewhat obsolete and therefore irrelevant. People can argue synthetic group III vs. IV/V until they are blue in the face - doesn't help anything...

The best oil is the one that produces the best UOA results for YOUR driving profile in YOUR engine.

Please do a search on this, as it has been discussed in one way or another, nearly every single day for the last year or two.

Yes M1 EP is a grp 4. All M1 oils are Grp 4 according to what Mobil tech told me a few months ago. Oils are a blend of different grps. and that produces the best oil for your engine. Just because an oil is say grp 5 doesn't mean it will produce a longer lived and cleaner engine than an oil that is a blend of grp 3-4-5.

Brave man, F250 to a SX4, the size alone is huge, but I heard nothing but good things about them from real owners, not those review sites.

As it was already said, unless you are looking for something really specific in an oil, use what has worked for you in the past and follow the owners manual for warranty purposes. If the OCI is under 5k stick with a dino/blend but with the properties you are looking for. Synthetic is Synthetic, the word has been butchered, beaten and bruised due to classification status via the vendor/blenders.

Mobil 1 is a great oil which I used over 7 years in my Impala(since new). Some people prefer PP, Synpower etc.

You won't be able to get the facts on what groups are in M1 oils. The only people who have those facts work at XOM and they're not talking.

How does Mobil get away with not listing the dino part of their oils under the msds? I see all the other companies have it listed under the hazardous materials section.

M1's EP along with there HM oil's are well made rest assure,use them with confidence that your protected well,only XOM knows that question for sure.

no need for RL, head to WM and grab a jug and be happy.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Your question is somewhat obsolete and therefore irrelevant. People can argue synthetic group III vs. IV/V until they are blue in the face - doesn't help anything...

The best oil is the one that produces the best UOA results for YOUR driving profile in YOUR engine.

Please do a search on this, as it has been discussed in one way or another, nearly every single day for the last year or two.

Obviously it matters to me.
For me, its very relevant!

I'm not arguing between groups ,I'm just asking if moble1 ep is a group 3, thats it, simple. Now , if you don't know , just say so.

If anyone else knows for sure, id really appreciate a response ,thanks.

Originally Posted By: ctc
You won't be able to get the facts on what groups are in M1 oils. The only people who have those facts work at XOM and they're not talking.

+1

Wow, 4 replies before i finished writing reply , thats quick.

Yeah i loved my ford ,but health issue was the reason i sold it.

Originally Posted By: 7777
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Obviously it matters to me.
For me, its very relevant!

I'm not arguing between groups ,I'm just asking if moble1 ep is a group 3, thats it, simple. Now , if you don't know , just say so.

If anyone else knows for sure, id really appreciate a response ,thanks.

My suggestion is if you really want to be sure, look at another brand of oil, since no one is really sure about Mobil 1. You'd probably be better off asking about Amsoil or Red Line oils, less doubt and speculation about them.

AD

the thing is 7777 know one knows for sure man,,we have a good idea but it's a idea with little bits of info only,do a search you'll see that there is no REAL proof,on any oil.

it's a great oil use it or don't use it.

20+ years havent lost an engine yet

Originally Posted By: Brian Barnhart

+1

Maybe we have been asking the wrong people? Maybe we should try to contact Mobile instead of Mobil? I wish the correct spelling was a sticky.

My question is, I want to know for sure if moble1 EP is a group 3 oil or not?

Let me ask you, why does it matter....at all?
You asked this question like is was as important a question as "is there a G0d?".

I'm pretty shure there are plenty of guys just like you in a parallel universe, with the same exact truck, who run it on dino oil and do just fine, but without the existential issues.

from what i learned in life,when companies hide their ingredients,obviously they have something to hide and that totally turns me off.

On another note,people who use redline here , are you happy with it?

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Originally Posted By: Brian Barnhart

+1

Maybe we have been asking the wrong people? Maybe we should try to contact Mobile instead of Mobil? I wish the correct spelling was a sticky.

Congratulations you win the spelling B.

Thanks 7777! Figured that might be the reason the search feature did not work for you?

What does such and such oil "is a Group III oil" mean? I see similar crude wording here often. Does it means it contains Group III or does it mean Group III is the only fluid added besides additive carrier oil?

MSDSs for countries that require listing Group III that I've seen do not distribute the EP oils there so that source of information is not helpful. I don't think you'll find an answer to the question.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
My question is, I want to know for sure if moble1 EP is a group 3 oil or not?

Let me ask you, why does it matter....at all?
You asked this question like is was as important a question as "is there a G0d?".

I'm pretty shure there are plenty of guys just like you in a parallel universe, with the same exact truck, who run it on dino oil and do just fine, but without the existential issues.

Either your mentally challenged or your flaming.

It matters to me , period!!

BTW, if you bother reading my post,I sold my truck and its for the sx4.Also please don't bother posting on my thread if your gonna be sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back