I need brake pads and rotors for my F250

Anyone have recommendations for pads and rotors for my f250? I need stuff that stops number one. Stopping power is most important, noise is second. I can deal with the dust. I tow a lot and the oem brakes I feel could be better. I am at 80k and I feel it's time to get this done before I have a problem, I had poor performance with my last tow but the trailer was way heavy.

I like Raybestos that’s always been a favorite of mine along with Akebono and Centric and Wagner. I put Raybestos on my truck last time around the semi metallic like mine recommends and so far so good that thing will stop a mile from its stop now lol.

Pads:
Akebono ASP
Hawk LTS
EBC Green stuff 6000
EBC Extra Duty (these are quite expensive, though)

Rotors:
Motorcraft/OEM
Those ebc extra duty look like they might do the job. I'll probably go with oem rotors. I thought about doing a complete upgrade with a bigger rotor on the front but decided that might be overkill

If you are towing a lot, the weight from the trailer pushes down on the rear axle and pulls the front up so most likely the rears need beefing up more. Or fit better brakes to the trailer?

If you are towing a lot, the weight from the trailer pushes down on the rear axle and pulls the front up so most likely the rears need beefing up more. Or fit better brakes to the trailer?
Yeah but on a full stop the weight still transfers to the front axle. you can definitely tell the difference in brake dust on the wheels, my fronts look like garbage after only a few days.

I’m just curious why you would go OEM on rotors? When I worked at the dealership that was one of the things that sat on the shelf for the longest time was rotors and it was mostly us that used them if anybody. I’ve never had bad luck with aftermarket rotors.

Do the rotors on this truck have the hub in them? Because in that case, OEM is a must due to the bearing that;s in it. Aftermarket bearings are often trash, especially cheap bearings they use in cheap aftermarket white box combination rotor+bearing

Even if it doesn't, the OE rotor has better corrosion resistance and likely better quality iron used in it. OEM is also your only chance of getting a non-Chinese rotor. If OEM is available at a decent price, there is no reason not to use them.

Back