i need a vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
bACKPACK VACUUMS ARE COOL - THEN YOU'RE NOT DRAggING THE CANISTER BEHIND. uPRIGHT ARE ok FOR ACRES OF CARPETING - BUT WOOD FLOORS ARE IN AND YOU DONT WANT A BEATER BAR. DYSON? GIGANTIC HEAVY AND SILLY. HOW DO YOU GET UNDER THE CHAIRS AND COUCHES?

Me mum had two defective Dyson vacuums. It should have been a clue that the one at the store was broken! (duh)

Never tried an Oreck. Someday maybe.

Chinese Dane neighbor in previous neighborhood twice removed had a Miele. That was nice and light and quiet. But dang it was DEAR!!

We bought a Kenmore Canister type (upstairs, not going up to see model #) 2 or so years ago when I did a very similar post. 100% satisfied.

That said an idea vacuum should pull 100% of any loose junk from the base floor through the pad and carpet. What vacuum does that?

Well I can say that the Dyson I have, bought from Lowe's and new in box, pulls up close to 100% of stuff in the carpet. If not 100%...at least 90%.

I do know that I can vacuum a spot until it "looks" clean, empty the canister, go back over that spot and pick up more dirt.

As for an Oreck, I worked on one that belonged to a lady that works with my wife, that had quit working altogether as well as lost suction. A wire had "burned" off of the main switch and the handle was plugged with hair and God knows what else.

I used it and other than being lighter in weight than the Dyson, I could not see that it picked up dirt any better.

I also have a 5 gallon shop vac that does really well and even use it to get into tight corners and under the couch.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
we run a cleaning business. Routinely bought several a year.

That was until we discovered Dyson. My first is six years old. NEVER bought a bag, a filter, or a belt! Used DAILY in commercial environment!

Orecks don't last six months in our work, break often and require constant bags and upkeep.

You'll spend a fortune on bags and belts when you can buy a monster on Overstock for just 299.00 and run it forever in household use.

Dysons just don't die....neighor's fell off a truck @ 40mph and it still works!

I've got an old Kirby G4 that i've had for years (10+) and it still works like new. Change bags and an occasional cleaning - that's all it ever needs.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I was going thru a new vac every year. I had Eureka (junky plastic World vac model), Hoover, Dirt Devil, Dyson and they all worked great at first but after a year (maybe 2) they stopped working well.

Than I got a Oreck and never looked back. These are awesome. I have one for upstairs and one for downstairs. One is 9 yrs old and the other 5 and they work like day one. Highly recommend them.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back