I need a new all purpose grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1996 F150, with grease-able steering links, ball joints, and u joints. I also use my grease gun to pack my wheel bearings. I live in a very wet area, and flooded streets are very common.

I want something that I can buy a tube or two of at a time.

Thanks
-Rouphis

I just bought 4 tubes of Green Grease at TSC. I filled my ball joints and u joints on my Ram 1500 with it. Everyone in the offroad forums raves about it, and if it works for them Im sure itll work for me as I dont launch my truck into mudholes or anything like that.

unfortunately all the tsc by me dont carry it
frown.gif

I was looking for it the other day.

Last edited:
Hey, I have had the same issues with my F250. The only grease that works is what a Ford dealer told me. It comes from ChemTech full synthetic lubricants. Trust me it works and is only about 6.50 a 14 ounce tube.

Originally Posted By: Rand
unfortunately all the tsc by me dont carry it
frown.gif

I was looking for it the other day.

Well apparantly they were just sold out all 3 times i went to look.

I purchased 3 tubes yesterday.
hopefully it doesnt melt out of my grease gun like the M1 and some others have.
(this is with the tension off.. ie plunger pulled back)

I leave the tension on my guns and haven't had the joy of experiencing a grease meltdown yet. And this gun lives in the back of my truck year round in 100+ degree temps. I just went out and looked at the gun and the GG hasn't separated any in the past few days it has been back there either.

the M1 grease was by far the worst offender looked like a leaky dawn bottle was in there.

Originally Posted By: Rand
the M1 grease was by far the worst offender looked like a leaky dawn bottle was in there.

Wow, that's weird. I use M1 grease here in absolutely everything I own, and I'm South Florida, where it's plenty hot. I don't see any oil separation. No problems what so ever. It's a quality grease and works perfectly in everything I use it in, from aircraft wheel bearings to mower casters.

Are you sure you did not mix the Mobil grease with some other type, causing oil separation?

Last edited:
I have a tube of Mobil 1 grease in the shop that is about 5 years old. I used some of the grease shortly after purchasing it to pack some wheel bearings, and the remainder has been on the shelf every since. So much oil has leaked out of the tube that the grease is now unusable. Just a cracked "grease cake" remains. I know that most people would consume a tube of grease within 5 years, but the grease started to bleed oil shortly after I bought it.

There is a new Multi-Purpose grease available called Krazy Grease. It's water-proof & prevents further corrosion. Packed the wheel bearings on my boat trailer in the spring and checked it last week and its still good (probably in/out 50 times). Now I use it on everything. It seems to leave a permanent layer of grease on everything I put it on. Found it online at www.krazygrease.com or ask at local stores.

what the heck is a permalon?
and why is their webpage half busted..

and nice first post here enjoy your stay at bitog.

Last edited:
Your disc brakes will get the bearings HOT.
So make sure you cartridge is filled with high temp grease that specifically states it is for disc brake bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back