I miss my 2.5!

A couple months ago the 2.5 jetta got "totaled"

thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Dang, just dang. I miss the sound, I miss the knock sensor issues, and most importantly, I miss the luxury of the SEL ): Good bye leather seats which I never used because I put on seat covers, good bye loose knock sensors, goodbye air intake that my dad accidently ripped out and then I replaced because he thought it was useless.

Im gonna miss the vacuum pump that I replaced and rebuilt 2 times, I miss that dude already!

I had just replaced the ATF too!

Sad to see. The 2.5L is a workhorse. We just had my wife's 2008 Rabbit w/ 2.5L all fixed up, lots of paint, polishing, coatings, etc. Basically made it new again. 140K miles and it is still a great car.

Sad to see. The 2.5L is a workhorse. We just had my wife's 2008 Rabbit w/ 2.5L all fixed up, lots of paint, polishing, coatings, etc. Basically made it new again. 140K miles and it is still a great car.
Do as much as you can do to preserve such a great engine! Its indeed a workhorse, and not many left, if any problem comes to your 2.5 rabbit, just let me know. The mk6 and mk5 uses the same 2.5 engine.

Back