I made a dually today. Carftsman LT1000

Originally Posted by Zaedock
Awesome. Homemade Ventrac.

I'm really curious how well it holds a slope now with the duals. My backyard has a steep slope and a Ventrac is the only thing that would hold the hill but I'm not spending that much to mow my own yard. My Ferris walk behind is great but I'd prefer to ride.

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Originally Posted by Zaedock
Awesome. Homemade Ventrac.

I'm really curious how well it holds a slope now with the duals. My backyard has a steep slope and a Ventrac is the only thing that would hold the hill but I'm not spending that much to mow my own yard. My Ferris walk behind is great but I'd prefer to ride.

How steep? I have a steep area I willing to do a test one.

lol.gif

Cool ride!

Originally Posted by VolvoZ
Make it AWD....

We were really looking at how to do it but it more work then we want to do.

Originally Posted by funflyer
First thing that came to my mind.
lol.gif

I was supposed to be camping this weekend...wanted to pass the time with low productivity. I thinks this qualifies. LOL

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda

I'm sure the duals help a lot. I have a 1960's Gravely walk behind tractor and dual wheels work fantastic for hills.

LOL Very cool!

I'm thinking the only thing it would put a bit more stress on is the transaxle. I'm assuming this is hydrostatic and has a Peerless LTH2000 drive?

Originally Posted by JTK
LOL Very cool!

I'm thinking the only thing it would put a bit more stress on is the transaxle. I'm assuming this is hydrostatic and has a Peerless LTH2000 drive?

Manual 6 speed so I am not sure what is in it. Pulls the front tires if you are not paying attention.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by JTK
LOL Very cool!

Manual 6 speed so I am not sure what is in it. Pulls the front tires if you are not paying attention.

Oh gotcha. 6spd fender shift. Those may have been Peerless/Tecumseh as well.

I think my slope would be too steep, close to a 45 degree long hill. I know pictures don't always show things correctly but mine looks a bit steeper.

Back