I made 150k yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles, not dollars, unfortunately.
tongue.gif

My quattro is now 10 years old. Yesterday I hit 150,000 miles. I drove up into the coastal mountains of Marin County:

-

Ready to tackle another 150,000 miles? You bet!

-

The interior looks still new.

-

Could be that 'Bay Area Backroads' fellow, Doug McConnell, in his red Jeep.
wink.gif

-

Sun or supernova?

nice pics I have always liked that bodystyle of those cars.

You didnt inclue the mandatory odometer pic!

JMH

The prospect of looking at a picture with a bunch of faintly backlit digits didn't thrill me. If I ever make it to 300k miles, I definitely will take an odo picture, though!

I like the timeless B5 design better than either B6 or B7 styling. I really can't get used to the B7 with its huge open "mouth" grill and bland rear end.

quote:

presume you have no minor children.

That's my presumption, too...
tongue.gif

It's great to see a car well taken care of. Respectable mileage too.

I've only recently warmed up to the B6 design, but the front of the B7 down right scares me. The B6 avant is actually pretty sweet, although I've heard people complain about the overall quality not being as good as the B5. And I see a lot of people sell their B6s and go back to the B5, hence, I'll probably skip on the B6 too, if I ever get ready to buy a car again.

Oh yeah, here's the last odo pic I got to snap before I parted with mine...

-

I suppose the Audi design team tried really hard at beating Bangle in terms of hideous designs. I'm okay with the A3, but the new A4 doesn't do anything for me.

Pete, did you swap the gauge cluster? In any case, your A4 was still a spring chicken -- at least in terms of miles!

Yours was a '97, right? I didn't know they had switched to the duo-tone gauges then already. My '96 has the all-red gauge backlighting.

Is that a Costco "service reminder" sticker I see on your windshield?
tongue.gif

(I guess moribundman has his tires installed at Costco)

dunno.gif

I buy all my tires from the tirerack!
grin.gif

-

Any more questions? (For example, at which Costco I go shopping etc)?
wink.gif

lol.gif

I asked as I at one point had a similar sticker on the windshield (at least it looks the same) after I got the tires rotated/rebalanced from Costco.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I like the timeless B5 design better than either B6 or B7 styling. I really can't get used to the B7 with its huge open "mouth" grill and bland rear end.

mori,

I like the "Big Mouth" Audi...that is practically all you see in Europe...anyone ever seen an A1?

The Audi A1 does not exist. It's a hoax.

I actually intend to keep my A4 running as long as possible. I tend to hold on to the things I like.
wink.gif

Nothing wrong with that...by the way, if you weren't being facetious, the A1 is alive and well on the roads of the Continent, unless it was an A2...or maybe it was both.
dunno.gif

The A1 is not scheduled to be released before 2010: article

The A1 concept looks much better than the A2. I consider getting the 2008 VW Scirocco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back