i love mmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my oil 1500 miles ago (one month ago) in my suv with quaker state and decided to run 1 quart of mmo in the oil. I ran sea foam and it did well, but my oil is extremely dark. (Oil is normally still golden blonde in color after 3000 miles ) in 500 miles I will change oil because of the color. I am satisfied because mmo is doing one or two things. It is either holding more contaminants in suspension, or it is cleaning out more crud from the depths of my engine. Either way I am satisfied. Who else has had this experience?

Last edited:
I did. I used 1 quart MMO with PP 5W20 in '00 MB E430, the oil turn very after only 2k miles. Gas mileage went up about 4-5% while MMO was in the engine and engine noise reduced substantial compared with M1 0W40 which is the recommended grade for the car.

Good luck trying to find it in Ontario. Someone sent me a link to source Canadian Suppliers and I have tried all the ones near me and no luck!

I e-mail them and they still haven't gotten back to me.
mad.gif

I buy mine when across the border.
smirk2.gif

Pretty impressive results and good testimony. It seems like MMO is gaining some fans from respected Bitog members. Dad used it for decades and still does! His engines were always clean, and tick and tap free. For the money MMO can't be beat! JMO

AD

I only have 400 or so miles on my 5qt Mobil 1 HM 10w-40 and 1 quart mmo blend. But it is getting dark QUICK. Whether this is the Mobil's cleaning ability or the MMO, this has got to be the darkest 400 mile oil i've ever seen. It's a medium brown

On the Marvel site it says: Marvel protects against scoring or seizing and creates a highly polished, wear resistant finish on engine surfaces.

I wonder how it does that?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Canada
Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec)
(905) 470-6665
Western Canada (Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia)
(204) 334-6797

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/wheretobuy/
As posted in my "Luvin' MMO" thread in the Fuel Add's section... Good luck trying to find anyone on that list still carrying the product.

I have driven to all of the ones local to me and no one is carrying it anymore.

Good think I'm 40mins from the US border, besides it gives me an excuse to go to Cheese Cake Factory.
20.gif

I'm actuallty surprised, MMO is in every store that sells oils and additives in the USA that I've been in. They should wake up and get it into Canada, especially with those cold winters!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm actuallty surprised, MMO is in every store that sells oils and additives in the USA that I've been in. They should wake up and get it into Canada, especially with those cold winters!
It was here and I used to buy it every now/again about 10 years ago but since has been disappearing from store shelves.

There are a lot of things the US has that we can't get readily or at all. Most of us just make it a point to spend our dollars south of the border in that case.
wink.gif

I would love to have more 7-11's. There are very few in Ontario and I have visited most of them in my daily travels.
grin2.gif

Big-Gulp/Hot-Dog is a great 2pm snack.. hahahaha

Not trying to start a war here, But when people say mmo made their oil turn dark, How do you know it's not the MMO thats turning dark from oxidation??

Originally Posted By: stang5
Not trying to start a war here, But when people say mmo made their oil turn dark, How do you know it's not the MMO thats turning dark from oxidation??
In my MMO thread I said it was the MMO turning the oil dark, not any cleaning that is going on. This is JMO and I can't prove it, but with all other cleaners/additives in the fuel, the only ones that have darkened the oil is the Lucas and MMO.

I'm about to send a UOA in after using MMO in the fuel for some time and see what effects it's having as I have a trend of numbers to go by. Will keep you all posted.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It was here and I used to buy it every now/again about 10 years ago but since has been disappearing from store shelves.

There are a lot of things the US has that we can't get readily or at all. Most of us just make it a point to spend our dollars south of the border in that case.
wink.gif

I would love to have more 7-11's. There are very few in Ontario and I have visited most of them in my daily travels.
grin2.gif

Big-Gulp/Hot-Dog is a great 2pm snack.. hahahaha

They're disappearing from the Buffalo area, or at least some of the 7/11s have turned into mom and pop convenience stores...

I just put in a pint of MMO in my GF's 97 Camry 4 cyl. Changing the oil in 1,000 miles.

I'll report her reaction to the engine and oil color change from where it is now in a couple weeks.

Originally Posted By: stang5

That could be a possibility but my father and I have pulled valve covers from cars that we've used MMO in over the years for gasket replacement etc. (prior to BITOG no pictures). The engines were always very clean, even with close to 150,000 miles on a stop and go work truck. Too many people over the years with positive results (freed up lifters, reduced oil use, etc.) that I've seen to discredit the products ability to clean.

I have several PM's from members who have used competitors products to clean engines, and have reported better results with MMO, and are very pleased.

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back