i love mmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
As for the thread, I have noticed some cleaning after adding half-a-pint of it for the final 500 miles on an oil change...

If you do this, does it screw up the results on a UOA, or can the lab compensate for it?

Originally Posted By: stang5
Not trying to start a war here, But when people say mmo made their oil turn dark, How do you know it's not the MMO thats turning dark from oxidation??

It is not from oxidation.

I have run MMO in in the oil for 3 different cars now - for each one, the oil got dark quickly on the initial use, less so for the second use, and on the third use it actually darkened less quickly (for me at least) than I normally observed with non-treated oil.

This tells me it is cleaning, and once clean keeping it that way, and not oxidation causing the oil to darken. For reference, I am now using 1 qt MMO with 5 qts PYB 5W30 - I wind up with a cst slightly less than a typical 30 weight.

BTW - in each case the engine seemed to get peppier (real scientific , I know) over time with increased mileage.

I'm sold - YMMV.

Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
Originally Posted By: stang5
Not trying to start a war here, But when people say mmo made their oil turn dark, How do you know it's not the MMO thats turning dark from oxidation??

It is not from oxidation.

I have run MMO in in the oil for 3 different cars now - for each one, the oil got dark quickly on the initial use, less so for the second use, and on the third use it actually darkened less quickly (for me at least) than I normally observed with non-treated oil.

This tells me it is cleaning, and once clean keeping it that way, and not oxidation causing the oil to darken. For reference, I am now using 1 qt MMO with 5 qts PYB 5W30 - I wind up with a cst slightly less than a typical 30 weight.

BTW - in each case the engine seemed to get peppier (real scientific , I know) over time with increased mileage.

I'm sold - YMMV.

Interesting comments and observations about the cleaning vs oxidation with repeated use of MMO. People I've turned on to MMO who were really in tune with their cars had similar comments.

Newer MMO users who send off oil for a UOA might see some interesting #'s probably from the cleaning and releasing of junk. I'd say it would take a few OCI's for things to settle down, such as when someone changes brands of oil, they should wait a few cycles before sending off a sample. JMO

AD

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
As for the thread, I have noticed some cleaning after adding half-a-pint of it for the final 500 miles on an oil change...

If you do this, does it screw up the results on a UOA, or can the lab compensate for it?

I don't know, but I'd notate it if doing a UOA...

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Does an API oil really need MMO ?

Well it depends. If you own a vehicle that has an engine that is a known sludge engine (like the dodge 4.7 and 2.7 engines) then yes you bet. My truck has been properly maintained from day one. but when I used mmo in the oil for the first time, I saw the ammount of [censored] being removed. That says that even if you do everything right sometimes in some cases it is not good enough

What's the flash point on MMO. It was option and I actually did think about using it as an engine cleaner but I checked the material data sheet and that tells me MMO is not an ideal engine cleaner.

What's Auto-Rx flash point. Auto-Rx looks more like an engine cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back