I love ignorant Jeep owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lives in Lansdowne, VA..he can probably afford to buy a new one every year. Knowing what Northern VA traffic is like, I doubt he's using it for non-severe use.

rgl

quote:
I tried saving him but he just brushed off our advice...
He should be encouraged to never change the everlasting gobstopper dino oil. What's the point, if he's right? [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Geoff: His '96 Laredo is for sale. Any takers? [Big Grin]
Yes, please, sign me up for an almost 10-year-old vehicle with questionable oil change maintenance that probably spent a good portion of it's life sitting in rush-hour traffic for 3 hours a day.

You know what ****** me off is I know a few people that have this mentality and their cars seeem to last just as well as people who are fanatic like us. Oh well, our cars run better and what can I say. I get satisfaction from taking care of equipment. Cars are depreciating assets, you may as well get as much use out of them as possible.

The truth is if this owner keeps the vehicle less than 100k miles I bet it be running well enough at trade-in. So this interval may suit the owner's needs.

JeepZJ4.0

I love how he doesn't care that a new engine costs 6000 bucks and oil changes cost him less than 20. Stupidity right there.

The 4.7 supposedly has the potential to be a sludge engine too. May be ok using synthetic but no way I would use dino. I guess if the engine sludges up he'll blame Chrysler for it. [Cheers!]

JeepZJ4.0

quote:
Originally posted by cousincletus: The 4.7 supposedly has the potential to be a sludge engine too. May be ok using synthetic but no way I would use dino. I guess if the engine sludges up he'll blame Chrysler for it. [Cheers!]
Yeah... i've been reading that but it only seems to be in 4.7L V8s that don't follow proper oil change intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.