I lost the Michelin lottery again

Status
Not open for further replies.
How frequent did you check tire pressure ? What is the date of manufacture of the tire ?
So far Michelin I have is always better QC compared with other brands, use less weight to balance and perform flawlessly within 6 years of the life. Typically when the tire suddenly goes out of balance is due to underinflation, same like my brother in law's tires that suddenly disintegrate from inside on various goodyeat and bridgestone.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
How frequent did you check tire pressure ? What is the date of manufacture of the tire ?
So far Michelin I have is always better QC compared with other brands, use less weight to balance and perform flawlessly within 6 years of the life. Typically when the tire suddenly goes out of balance is due to underinflation, same like my brother in law's tires that suddenly disintegrate from inside on various goodyeat and bridgestone.

I never, never had ANY issue with Michelin.
House that I live in now I bought brand new in new development. They were still building houses around. I had VW CC on Michelin PSS. One tire in 6 months had 4 nails. Still needed after repairs minimum weight to be balance.

So re reading this tonight and wondering if some of these replies were to me or others?

I thought I was clear that it was a new truck and the tires had 4k Miles on them. The Michelin lovers just can't fathom that sometimes they make duds.
smile.gif

Anyway 8k on the Cooper issue free

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Lot of difference between factory straight tread Michelins and the AT2 Rock slingers the OP is referring to...

Yep … Seen airplanes with more aggressive tread than the Michelin’s on our new Tahoe …

Past LT’s chip on crushed quartz that I run my truck on … and they have cracked from age … so not ideal for that vehicle but seem to be good highway tires for the big SUV …

I have been driving for over 40 years and have taken care of as many a 7 vehicles at one time during those 40+ years. In all that time, I have only had 2 sets of Michelins that I got refunded under mileage warranty. I have never had a bad or defective Michelin. It amazes me when I hear about these problems.

Michelin Corp and on the Dealer level have been so good to me, I wouldn't seriously consider another brand. I must admit, I had to buy other brands when I had a few cars with 13 inch wheels. And I did commit Michelin Adultery a couple of times but I forgave myself and came back....

I bought 4 Michelins for my Honda Civic and they are supposed to be good for 90,000 miles. So far it's the best tire I have ever had on a Honda and I am very happy so far.

My 3 year old bfg/ Michelin sport comp2 have cracked a bit on the tread and one has gone out of round. They still grip well even down at 3-4/32 though and I love how direct they are now. I think Michelin lets crack resistance fall down the priority list for other performance traits. I would still buy another set though.

The factory Michelins on my Pilot have had a funky vibration/pull since day one. It's not too bad but I'm sensitive to NVH and notice it. Alignments & RF balancing fix it temporarily but it comes back again - despite everything being "in-spec."

It's time to finally replace them @55k. Looking forward to seeing if all is good with new tires.

I have Michelin tires on all four of my vehicles, and on another car I used to own. On the Corolla I replaced a set of X Radials from Costco with the newer ones, Defender T+H. The old set had gone 70,000 and still had plenty of tread left but they were ten years old and were no longer good in the snow. If I lived further south, I would still be driving them.

Replaced the Michelin XLT on the Tundra that were already on the truck when I bought it used 6 years and 60,000 miles ago; they were still good but last summer I foolishly made a tight U-turn and rubbed the right front against the curb, and damaged the sidewall. So at Sam's Club, replaced them with (4) Michelin X LT in 265/70R16 for $637 installed. They are UTQG 800, and have a 70,000 mile treadware warranty. One year later and having rotated them and balanced on schedule they are perfectly round no vibration and all have an even 11/32"of tread left.

The cheapest place for Michelins is Sam's Club and Costco, and they both offer free lifetime balancing and tire rotation, and I suggest you take advantage of it and hang onto the receipt in case you ever need it.

My issue is only with the 3 steel belted 275/65/20 AT. We have a company truck with 265/70/18s with no issues at highway speed.

I'm looking at 265/70/19.5 and 285/70/19.5, Michelin have 2 or 3 choices in those sizes. Just need some super single wheels$$$$$ in 180x8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back