I Like The Oils That Have Safety Foil Under Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the foil as I always worry about some going into the motor. Rather have the tamper proof cap.

I use to work at Kraft foods and on the Miracle Whip lines they had the magnetic induction sealers. 1500 quarts a minute.

If the induction seal is complete I like it because it, more or less, means no leaks, period. And, since there have been a number of threads in this forum about wanting to make sure you are getting exactly what the label says the foil is another layer of protection against tampering.

I'm not talking about cyanide in Tylenol. One could throw some powdered citric acid into the oil, or even some very fine sand. I wouldn't put anything past people these days.

Any jug with the top tightened is pretty leak proof.
It isn't that hard to prevent the jug's falling on its side either, so leaks in transit shouldn't be an issue.
It's also pretty obvious if a jug or quart bottle has been opened.
I like no foil.
Easier to open and pour when the time comes.

'Sealed for your protection' is a good thing imho.

Just like Tylenol.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: splinter

Just like Tylenol.
smile.gif

X2
wink.gif

Sure don't mind the foil. My funnel for adding oil has a fine strainer in it, so even if I lost a piece of foil it stays in the funnel.

Only on BITOG could there be two pages of discussion about the merits/pitfalls of foil induction seals.

Originally Posted By: splinter

Just like Tylenol.
smile.gif

More like 'Sealed for Oils Protection', but why debate about words?
21.gif

grin2.gif

19.gif

I don't like having to tear into a jug, but at the same time once removed it feels more 'new' than the other 'new' bottles without the foil. See...this is why I never use Quarts....j/k.
crazy2.gif

You can actually puncture the foil seal in a way it will let it breathe, a small hole on one side when you pour(the side closer to the handle) and a larger hole on the spout side nearest the fill cap. This way, it flows easier and you have more control, without risk of tearing entire foil off just to OCD about remaining flakes around the edges.
eek.gif

IF the foil seal doesn't have the pull sort of tab, I just do that or use a knife I can control easily and slowly cut at clean angle and pull the entire thing off in one fell swoop.
thumbsup2.gif

Just say no to hack jobs!
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back