I like Hummers now. Should I be guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAAAAAANNN OOHHHH MAAAN. Im not talking about Fake Hummers like H2 or the H3, I'm talking about the Hummer H1!! I finally got the chance to drive a Civilian Version 1995 Hummer H1 with the old 6.2 litre GM diesel.. not the current 6.6 Isuzu/GM diesel(which is alot better). You know what it feels like driving a Hummer? YOU FEEL LIKE THE KING OF THE ROAD, LITERALLY. Driving it was awesome.. very very slow, but very comfortable.. and you must get used to having people slow down on the highway and peek over looking at you. This guy bought it for $29,000. I don't know.. the sound of the Diesel engine kind of arouses me.

Hummer H1 is now part of my "Favorite car" list.

Nothing to feel guilty about as for as I'm concerned. A friend of mine has an H1 and his wife drives an H2. Both are a blast to drive and ride in.

You'll only feel guilty if you change your oil and filter every 3k milesd
lol.gif

Scott

I'll let you drive it, but you have to promise to get it muddy and off-road at least 20 times per year.
Or, let ME get it muddy and off-road for you. :)

quote:

YOU FEEL LIKE THE KING OF THE ROAD, LITERALLY.

I understand completely. I get a similar feeling driving my buddy's quad-cab Cummins 3500 non-dually with 315/70R17's (you around, cak?
cheers.gif
). The 6spd and the open exhaust add to the large truck effect. But the Cummins is fairly fast, particularly if it's chipped. The effect does get old fairly quickly in the city though, and I prefer the ergonomics and handling of my car.

[ February 21, 2006, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: rpn453 ]

quote:

You know what it feels like driving a Hummer?

I drove the original (military) version for 2 years. Wonderful for off-road. If I ever had need for an off-road vehicle, I would probably look for a surplus HMMWV.

How does the civilian version compare, handling an ride wise?

quote:

Originally posted by TomJones76:
I'll let you drive it, but you have to promise to get it muddy and off-road at least 20 times per year.
Or, let ME get it muddy and off-road for you. :)

^^^ What he said. A Hummer H1 that is pressed into duty as a commuting vehicle or a run-to-the-mall vehicle is a waste.

My 1999 Jeep 2.5L with 5 inches of lift, lockers front and rear and 35 inch Kuhmo MT's can go many places that a modded H1 can't go. I have yet to see an H1, H2, or H3 that is good on the trail.

quote:

I drove the original (military) version for 2 years. Wonderful for off-road. If I ever had need for an off-road vehicle, I would probably look for a surplus HMMWV.

How does the civilian version compare, handling an ride wise?

Well, I've been in a Military Humvee before and thats what made me dislike Hummers. Civlian version is awesome. but teh Military beats the crap out of their humvees

As long as you don't complain when you fill the gas tank, then you shouldn't feel guilty.

Just don't complain at the station or else you will be expecting a slap from the Civic driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back