I know you guys hate Castrol Syntec, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Advance Auto Parts to see if they still had Mobil 1 on sale for less than $4/quart. Unfortunately, it went back up again, but the guy told me Castol Syntec was on sale for $2/quart! Should I sell my soul to the devil and stock up? I realize it's not a true synthetic, but GTX is good oil and this should be better than that, right? What do you think?

Your not selling your soul...most people on here don't like FakeTec (Sorry, had to
grin.gif
) because at the normal, everyday price, what your getting is not worth the cost of admission. At $2/quart though, the deal is made much sweeter. No, it's not gonna deliver the performance of a group IV Mobil1, but it won't cost you $4.50/quart either.

Yeah go for it if youre not looking at extended drain intervals and stuff!! You can even do 2 shorter drain intervals for the price of 1 longer M1 interval. Sounds good to me..

It's probably the blend here as well. I didn't check, but just called them.
twak.gif

One question remains though...If you blend non synthetic with non synthetic, then how is this a blend?
dunno.gif

Wal Scam has all their Mobil 1 priced differently. I want 10w30, but it's almost $5. The 5w30, however is only $4 so I guess that's what I'll get.

quote:

Group III's are considered synthetics...

Maybe to the lawyers, but we know better!
grin.gif
BTW, my previous comment that you quoted was tongue in cheek.
wink.gif

quote:

Last time I was in target......they still had mobil 1 for 3.99 a quart.

Thank you! I'll go there tomorrow and if they don't have it at that price, Wal Mart is across the street!

quote:

Originally posted by JPowers:
It's probably the blend here as well. I didn't check, but just called them.
twak.gif

One question remains though...If you blend non synthetic with non synthetic, then how is this a blend?
dunno.gif

Wal Scam has all their Mobil 1 priced differently. I want 10w30, but it's almost $5. The 5w30, however is only $4 so I guess that's what I'll get.

Personally if its the blend-I'd pass. But what the hey-you could do a UOA and post it here.

My car is modified with a turbo and I need full synthetic or I'd be glad to be a guinea pig. I know some guys that swear by Castrol GTX for their turbo cars, but they rebuild engines about as often as they do oil changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back