i know fram air filters are good but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i have a quick question....

on the fram filter for my ford 3.0, it has a wire screen on the clean side [maf sensor side]. would this pose some restriction? motorcraft and some others just run a rigid stream of glue for their bracing. any thoughts about the screen?

thanks!!

Originally Posted By: Cuda70383
thanks!....

i came from a l67 gtp btw

That's a good motor, but no no problem with the filter if anything the stock exhaust cases a far larger air restriction.

Originally Posted By: Cuda70383
hey i have a quick question....

on the fram filter for my ford 3.0, it has a wire screen on the clean side [maf sensor side]. would this pose some restriction? motorcraft and some others just run a rigid stream of glue for their bracing. any thoughts about the screen?

thanks!!

Which 3.0?? All mine (old school 3.0) have had a metal screen. (Almost all have been Motorcraft, a couple were Pure Plus) I don't think I've seen a panel filter without a screen backing- except on a few foreign cars)

I'm currently running a Fram air filter on my wife's 2008 Fusion 3.0L... the same wire mesh backing you're describing is on mine too. My previous filter was a WIX and it did NOT have the wire backing, but rather the long run of glue down the center as you described. No biggie either way.

That being said, I think the FRAM actually flows better than the WIX. When I'd WOT with the WIX, I'd get some engine noise at high RPM that I don't get with the FRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back