I just got thrown out of a dealer here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt read every single post, but honestly if you want a resolution and to really get the bad press out about the dealership call your local news stations. They often have departments of reporters specifically tasked with stories such as this.

The BBB is a scam. I tried to lemon law my silverado because it would not idle worth a [censored], and sometimes stalled. The manufacturers diagnostic labor chart for this problem took 2.5 hours to complete. But under warrantee the manufacturer would only pay the dealers for 18 minutes to diagnose, so none of the dealers would really search for the cause. They would just plug it into the scanner and say there are no codes, so you have to live with it. I took it to an independant dyno shop whose written report indicated random misfire on all 8 cylinders. At the BBB arbitration meeting, I presented my evidence, GM basically had nothing to say other than I must have had my friends write up that independant report. The BBB dude went for a test drive. A couple weeks later I got the verdict in the mail. The BBB dude agreed with me that there was a problem with the vehicles ability to run at idle, but he didn't think it effected the value of the vehicle very much. So he denied my claim against GM. Unbelievable. He agreed with me, but judged in favor of the manufacturer. He obviously knows who pays his salary. I could have gotton a lawyer, but at that point I gave up.

If you're at all concerned about a merchant, always pay with either a credit card or by check. You can stop payment on a check or do a charge back on a CC.

I had the local Nissan dealer change the timing belt, water pump, etc. on my Pathfinder. I went to the cashier to pay the bill and noticed a $25 charge for "environmental compliance."

When I asked about it I was told that it was because they had to dispose of the old antifreeze.
smirk2.gif

I politely told them that wasn't my problem, it was part of their shop overheard. They could remove it and I'd write them a check for the service, or they could dig in and not give me my car unless I paid the whole amount.

At which point I'd be "glad" to write them a check for total invoice, which I would call and stop payment on the minute I drove away. They could then take me to small claims court if they wanted to get it all sorted out.

They pulled the $25 charge.

The lesson is - some people will try to cheat you but they can only do it if you let them. And they're much more likely to try to cheat people that they think are easy marks. Once they see you aren't, they'll probably back down.

As far as the BBB - Backing Bad Business for decades...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jsharp
The lesson is - some people will try to cheat you but they can only do it if you let them. And they're much more likely to try to cheat people that they think are easy marks. Once they see you aren't, they'll probably back down.

EXCELLENT and bears repeating! Key work is "probably". Sometimes, no matter how good you are at being properly assertive, you can't win in the first round.

While Chris may have felt good shouting to other customers while leaving, it didn't get his root needs met. This is why I defer these matters to my wife.....she is awesome.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: jsharp

EXCELLENT and bears repeating! Key work is "probably". Sometimes, no matter how good you are at being properly assertive, you can't win in the first round.

While Chris may have felt good shouting to other customers while leaving, it didn't get his root needs met. This is why I defer these matters to my wife.....she is awesome.

Interesting. I have noted many occasions when these type things come up, that if I have my wife with me it gets resolved completely different had I been by myself.

Anytime I have confrontations, disputes, or want to purchase the $29.99 Mobil 5 quart with Mobil filter deal using the $10 off coupon at AA, as long as she is with me it has a good ending.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
What would the police be able to do about the situation?

They could allow you to complain without having people walking toward you as if they planned to beat the life out of you.

Also, since they are well versed in the law, they might be able to provide an alternative solution, such as arresting some of the employees for suspicion of fraud or something along those lines.

Not to mention, they could write a report that would be useful in court that would confirm for the judge the events that transpired.

Went out of business today!

VICTORVILLE • Hi-Desert Kia car dealership abruptly shut down today, leaving many employees shocked and angry.

One worker at the dealership in the Auto Park at Valley Center said employees were only told about the closing at 1 p.m. Wednesday.

Another employee was staying behind to call customers who had service appointments Wednesday and Thursday and tell them not to come.

Phone calls to the Civic Drive dealership went unanswered Wednesday afternoon, with other employees still onsite declining to speak to the press or give their names.

Read the full story in Thursday's Daily Press. To subscribe to the Daily Press in print or online, call (760) 241-7755 or click here.

Staff writer Jim Quigg contributed to this report.

Brooke Edwards may be reached at (760) 955-5358 or at [email protected].

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/abruptly-16982-closes-dealership.html

I read this thread when it came out for a bit.

That's an awesome follow-up! I feel bad for the employees and especially so for the ones that cared.

I'd go down there to say "good bye" to the manager, but I'm old and carry grudges too long.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ShiningArcanine

They could allow you to complain without having people walking toward you as if they planned to beat the life out of you.

Also, since they are well versed in the law, they might be able to provide an alternative solution, such as arresting some of the employees for suspicion of fraud or something along those lines.

Not to mention, they could write a report that would be useful in court that would confirm for the judge the events that transpired.

Police, well versed in the law? Is that some sort of joke??

Originally Posted By: SevenBizzos
I'd go down there to say "good bye" to the manager, but I'm old and carry grudges too long.
wink.gif

Me too and I'd say: "Naah naah naah naah, naah naah naah naah, hey hey hey" well you know the rest.
grin2.gif

Chris142,

I'm surprised that happened to you cuz Kia's might become very popular cars in the future due to the Toyota issue.

I too happened to me last year when I bought my 08' Impala SS from a dealership here in the South Bay area told me no issue about GM closing the dealership si I went ahead and bought the car but 3 months later they dissapeared!!!! Even the contracted body shop that claimed to handle so movie stars car were left out in the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back