I just got thrown out of a dealer here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like everyone at that dealership is stressed.

Perhaps the dealership is on the verge of collapse, everyone is on notice and they are squeezing every penny... including the pennies out of your pocket.

Oh wait... dealers do that on a regular basis anyways.

He is getting up in age a tad sick but he still gets the job done. Used to be big in LA, he retired to yur area. Give him a try.

If you would like to contact Bogey, send a letter with as much information about your complaint as possible along with contact information to P.O. Box 1398, Victorville, CA 92392 or fax it to 241-1860. You can also contact Bogey through his Web site www.IamFightingForYou.com.

BTW are you related to the guy that went off at Sears over his tires? JK

Any customers go off on you at Broadway Radiator?

All this over a silly oil seal? I'm afraid of what some of you would do if you were confronted with a really serious problem, like a shoe store selling you the wrong size.

Clearly, getting all up in the dealer's grille was not effective. Perhaps Step #1 is to not do that again, unless you have a really, really, really good Step #2. Which you don't. That's the other thing that is clear.

Why not be a man and attorney up? A well written letter from an aggressive attorney might break the impasse. CC KIA Motors USA, find out who the regional or district manager is and CC them, too. A lot of dealers do not want HQ to know about these problems, as it give HQ a reason to withhold certain types of support given for good customer service.

The BBB is a formality and nothing else. Never, ever expect a thing from them and you will be fine. Yeah, the dealer should be reported but, again, it is just a formality.

Nothing gets accomplished by being all confrontational. It's almost 2010, people. Hire an attorney and let them manipulate the law in your favor. You all know the police, the judicial system, and the federal gov't are using the law against you every day. Use your energy to turn the tables. Everything else is a waste of time.

Man that sucks. I hate the dealership experience. The Local VW dealer is the worst I have dealt with.

I have a local Chevy dealer here that, knock on wood, is very good. They will give me the part number of items I am looking for and will let me look at the factory tech manuals and make copies of stuff if I stop in. They are however the largest GM dealer in the state and I have bought two new cars from them.

Well I guess it's true....KIA= Killed in Action....
13.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Man that sucks. I hate the dealership experience. The Local VW dealer is the worst I have dealt with.

I have a local Chevy dealer here that, knock on wood, is very good. They will give me the part number of items I am looking for and will let me look at the factory tech manuals and make copies of stuff if I stop in. They are however the largest GM dealer in the state and I have bought two new cars from them.

Not to start brand wars or import vs domestic but I don't think this point is raised enough. When you buy a brand that has multiple dealerships in an area, competition keeps them in line, when you buy a brand that has only 1 dealership and he is "the only game in town" he can act in this manner.

No, that is not what I meant at all. I totally agree with you Duffman. There are three GM dealerships around with the span between them being 15 miles, the biggest one is right in between them. Start at the one up north go about 8 miles south you hit the big one, go about 7 miles south of that you hit another one. The VW dealership, well the next closest one is over 30 miles away. They tend to be a little condescending.

Quote:
All this over a silly oil seal? I'm afraid of what some of you would do if you were confronted with a really serious problem, like a shoe store selling you the wrong size.

If you asked for a size 9, and they sold you a size 8, and then failed to replace them with the proper size and then went on to say you are only getting 80% of the purchase price back, would you not be riled up?
Thats the case here. Dealership screws up-customer pays and has nothing in return. No part, and only part of the money they paid in good faith.

Alex.

No, that is not what I meant at all. I totally agree with you Duffman. There are three GM dealerships around with the span between them being 15 miles, the biggest one is right in between them. Start at the one up north go about 8 miles south you hit the big one, go about 7 miles south of that you hit another one. The VW dealership, well the next closest one is over 30 miles away. They tend to be a little condescending.

My quoting you was not meant to put words in your mouth, I thought your situation illustrated my point so I quoted it.

Originally Posted By: Duffman77

My quoting you was not meant to put words in your mouth, I thought your situation illustrated my point so I quoted it.

It surely does!

Hiring an attorney for an oil seal? C'mon.. Move on and take your money elsewhere. Obviously they're not good enough for it.

The only really good dealership I ever dealt with was in New Jersey...It was Town Motors Lincoln Mercury in Englewood...I have yet to find a dealership that good down here...The one I go now is OK but not as good as the New Jersey one.

I have no doubt Chris142 is a really nice guy...Wanting to charge him a restocking fee is just plain ludacris.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
And was there any way to get this part (seal) from AutoZone, Pepboys, CSK.....etc, etc ??

I avoid the dealership at all cost.
Nope I can't find it anywhere.... Not even the dealer.

Can I assume that this is a rotary seal? If so, then get out your magnifying glass and read the number off of it. Someone made it and it wasn't JUST for that application.

Freakin A. That is complete and total [censored]. Personally, I would hang the consequences and proceed to tell everyone about it. Write the local newspaper, or even CNN or MSNBC or something. Local TV news stations, something. Definitely call the BBB, and I'm SURE there's some government agency that handles this kind of stuff

I was going to suggest you contact the owner, but with those complaints it is probably a lost cause. I had something similar happen to me a while back at a Mazda dealership and I wrote a short note to the dealership owner. I figured I'd never hear back, but a few days later I got a phone call from Mr. Owner himself. He had contacted the dealership in question and said they would be sending me a refund check in the mail ASAP. It happened.

I bought Toyotas after that but it was a good resolution to that particular situation.

I think that dealer is about to fill for bankruptcy, the workers there are so depress and slam it on customers. But, it's still wrong for them to charge re-stocking fee for the wrong part.

My experience with dealer is much more positive. I had my car in for the free first oil change at Honda dealer in Santa Ana where I bought the car from. While waiting for oil change, I asked the part counter about oil filter wrench cap for the large filter PCX-004 for the S2000. The guy looked up the computer and said the price was expensive at more than $15, but then he said "wait a minute, I think I have something else better", he then wrote down a part number and went to storage room to get 2 filters, one WITHOUT the wrench cap and one WITH the wrench cap, the filter with wrench cap included is only $1 more. Of course I bought the one with wrench cap.

He didn't have to save me money, but he did because he thought it was the right thing to do.

I had a similar experience. I eventually got satisfaction when I created a thread on a local website that is used by a lot folks in the area. The thread was called "Joe's KIA ripped me off", for your purposes. Well, in short order, a bunch of locals made posts to the thread about how they had also been ripped off by the same dealer. It was making them look pretty shady.

I then emailed a link to the thread to the corporate customer service department. The next day, the dealer called me and said there had been a "misunderstanding" and offered to give me a full refund. I'm sure the KIA corporate people don't want that kind of stuff on the internet.

Who reads ripoffreport or even a BBB listing for a business before shopping there? Everyone who goes shopping just thinks, oh those bad things won't happen to me.

Although I use a credit card for everything for a rewards rebate it has saved my bacon a couple times.

As for the media... open any newspaper, watch any local TV news. It's all sponsored by car dealers. They know the dealer owner by name. If a cub reporter showed up at the dealership, the owner would be on the phone with his media salesman to make sure the story is edited to be "fair and balanced" (sorry), EG Chris will look like a crackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back