I just did my oil change with Mobil 1R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have 6,000 miles on my 03 SAAB 9³. I changed the factory fill at 3,000 with SAAB 0W-30 turbo oil. I drive 90% city driving, with alot of stop and go driving. My SID shows my average speed as 27 mph.
gr_eek2.gif

I will be sending in the oil for a UOA tomorrow. I know the SAAB turbo oil can go 15,000 miles or more. A fellow 9³ SS owner has done it. His UOA was pretty good. I just want to see how the UOA will look with only 3,000 miles on it. If it comes back with a really high TBN count. I will probably go to 5,000 OCI. I will put no more then 10,000 miles on my car a year.

I bought the Mobil 1R just to try it. I will also drian it at 3,000 miles and send it in for a UAO. I will probably stick with the SAAB oil after that.

So you're only going to do one 3k interval with M1 R and that's it? What will that tell you?

Why don't you stick with it for 3 intervals and see how it performs, then decide if you want to go back to Saab oil? Which one costs more?

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

Which one costs more?

The Saab 0w-30 is 17.40 a 4 quart jug .
smile.gif
I'm told GM is subsidising the cost . I really don't see the 1R outperforming the Saab 0w-30 oil for everyday use in a passenger car . That Saab oil is one of the better oils at any cost it sure seems .

Pitted Mobil against Mobil there
tongue.gif

I just want to see how it will look against the SAAB oil at 3,000 miles. The SAAB oil will probably have the same wear numbers as the R oil. It is also $2.00 cheaper too. I will have to wait another six months to find out though.

quote:

Originally posted by Finklejag:
... I drive 90% city driving, with alot of stop and go driving. My SID shows my average speed as 27 mph. ...

Our Saab Information Display shows a 21 mph average. We'll see how the M1 0W-40 holds up on roughly 4-1/2L of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back