I Have Pennzoil 5qt.Jugs And None Are Exactly Full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dgunay
Originally Posted By: dernp
I broke few Pennzoil sealed caps when i was at Walmart, because i thought there must be a foil seal under the cap, and tried to find a Pennzoil jug with it.
laugh.gif
Finally realized that there is no foil seal in the Pennzoil jug(thanks BITOG!!), and bought one that still has the sealed cap.

But i can't really comment about different oil levels in the jug.

Why would you do that?

Because that was a mistake. It was the first time ever purchased Pennzoil. I just wanted to check the foil seal before buying it. I didn't do anything to the oil.

I chose the sealed one because i will keep it until the next fill.

By opening the other jugs, you make them unsellable.

And then you choose to buy one that was sealed because you prefer the factory sealed product.

So I guess you feel you are the only person in the world that matters?

Now are you going to refill the jug with your old oil and return it with your receipt?

Maybe you can use the refund to buy some ethics while you are at Walmart.

It's on aisle 5 between honesty and integrity.

I understand the point of the guy opening fresh jugs of oil to see if there's a foil seal. I would've probably done the same thing if I was switching from Mobil One to Pennzoil not knowing that their products don't have one. My other point is does it really matter if the 5 qt. jug is short maybe a 100th of a quart to a quarter of a quart short? I could see if you guys are paying advance auto or another retailers price but it's Wal-Mart and the oil is way cheaper then the above mentioned retailers. Just my .02 cents.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
I changed oil in my wife's Jeep last night. After reading a few of these posts, I'm glad I put in Mobil 5000 oil in it. Why? Because the jug had a foil seal that had to be broken and I was the one who broke it.

Was just thinking the same. Noticed the PP & PYB jugs had no seal, levels seems to vary, so after last OC, going to check out MS5K for next OC for the DI DD vehicle.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

crackmeup2.gif

Every time I look for ethics at Walmart, they don't have any.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
If you were to buy a few of these jugs and accurately measure the contents, I think you'd find that they all hold at least slightly more than five quarts.
I always see minor variations in fill between jugs of any brand.

Same here, I've measured out oil from 4.73 liter Pennzoil Platinum jugs a few times that actually contained 5 liters.

Last edited:
if it is the plastic jugs why is the others on the money for the most part.... Im hoping its the pennzoil jugs they look cheaply made and might be the reason but i dont know im on alert...lol

this is just one reason why Pennzoil should have a seal enough said. Mobil usually measures up well and they have a seal and are usually cheaper than pennzoil. I saw Mobil for the same price as super tech last month and bought some for my neighbor

I was just looking at these 5qt PP jugs I bought at Autozone for $10.

They do look a little low, but holding them under the light I can see quite a bit of oily residue around the jug spout and going down the side of the bottle.

Leaking in transit somehow. I guess I won't store them on their sides and they'll be ok.

Originally Posted By: datech
I was just looking at these 5qt PP jugs I bought at Autozone for $10.

They do look a little low, but holding them under the light I can see quite a bit of oily residue around the jug spout and going down the side of the bottle.

Leaking in transit somehow. I guess I won't store them on their sides and they'll be ok.

Wait, its made from "natural gas". Probably just evaporated.

I broke few Pennzoil sealed caps when i was at Walmart, because i thought there must be a foil seal under the cap, and tried to find a Pennzoil jug with it.
laugh.gif
Finally realized that there is no foil seal in the Pennzoil jug(thanks BITOG!!), and bought one that still has the sealed cap.

Very dishonest... You should have just asked an employee at Walmart to check for you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
These jugs are made of soft plastic, which means they flex and change their shape slightly, which in turn may affect the level of oil as seen on that little scale on the side of the jug.

My guess is that if you were to actually measure the amount, it would be as advertized.

Ditto.

So, are we to all boycott Pennzoil now? Seriously guys, a foil seal isn't that big of a deal, and neither is one jug being slightly lower in fill than the other. It's a mass produced good, so if one jug has 5.1 quarts and the other has 5.06, it isn't a big deal. If you're buying it at Wal Mart, you've already stolen it anyway. Just my two Lincolns.

Before anyone thinks I'm being a jerk, let me explain. Pennzoil has been taking a bashing lately for reasons I don't understand. If I remember correctly, SOPUS introduced the current jug when they debuted their SN versions of Pennzoil and Quaker State oils. Suddenly, it's a problem that they don't have foil seals and may not be dead perfect on level. Seems less like a real issue and more like BITOG's new town idiot.

And then you choose to buy one that was sealed because you prefer the factory sealed product.

Now are you going to refill the jug with your old oil and return it with your receipt?

Geez!! I would criticize constructively, instead of bashing mindlessly.

Last edited:
So you opened some bottles,making them not sellable for the retailer,and purchased one you didn't open.
I hope they have surveilance and charge you with some form of crime. That must be destruction of property or vandalism of some sort.
You are a piece of work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dernp
laugh.gif

Why would you do that?

Because that was a mistake. It was the first time ever purchased Pennzoil. I just wanted to check the foil seal before buying it. I didn't do anything to the oil.

I chose the sealed one because i will keep it until the next fill.

I don't think Walmart sell either character trait.
And you missed class,or lack thereof.

Although breaking seals on jugs is bad (actually really bad) let's not forget the lowlife's that switch the regular oil filters for the synthetic filters.....that really bugs me!
mad.gif

I just bought the jug of 5W20 Natural Gas synthetic at WalMart for my 2004 Outback and just compared the level through the window on the side of the jug and they were all the same. Why did I check? Because I suppose it's possible some tool bag would come along and top his jug up off of mine. I wouldn't buy one with a broken lid seal/ring, anyway. Who cares if there's foil once the aforementioned tool bag has broken the plastic ring on the cap?

Honestly, some people. It's a case of cranial-anal-oil syndrome.

Geez!! I would criticize constructively, instead of bashing mindlessly.

Okay, here's some constructive criticism.
What the H did you think you were doing?
Since you damaged the goods, why didn't you man up and buy them?
What the H makes you think that a paint and trim Civic needs GC?
How's that?

Just take the suspect bottles over to the produce section and weigh them all. Should be pretty close between jug shapes for stated capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back