I have never paid this much for gasoline.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al: Ya have a pt.
I just beleive that testing on hydrogen is alot more advanced then what we know.

It might not ever take over as the mail fuel source.

I have noticed over the last 5 yrs.
Natural Gas has become very popular in Oklahoma.

quote:

Originally posted by -SyN-:
Al: Ya have a pt.
I just beleive that testing on hydrogen is alot more advanced then what we know.

If the laws of chemistry changed it would work
wink.gif

bpAmoco, up to 2.699 in the area today. Might drop a little after Labor Day but what will we be paying one year from now?

There's always E85 for our future.

Sure, crappy gas mileage, it can't be used in cars it wasn't designed for, but at least it's local and renewable.

If they'd design E85 only vehicles (instead of FFV) they could be close to as efficient as a gas motor. After all, E85 is 105 octane. Think about direct injection, high compression, and all kinds of other fun stuff!

I still think we should all just buy diesels.

I just want to say My area beats all of your guys gas price. its 3.00 for unleaded in san francisco. its 3.00 for super unleaded in my city. Im thinking about fixing the bike in the shed

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Supply and demand. Crude oil has doubled in price in the last year bc China and India are building highways like crazy and by its gonna get lots worse.

Wait, where are they getting the money to do that? Oh yeah, we're sending it to them!

quote:

Originally posted by fastbear:
bpAmoco, up to 2.699 in the area today. Might drop a little after Labor Day but what will we be paying one year from now?

My bet is that gas will be $3.25/gal. on average, one year from now.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by simple_gifts:

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Supply and demand. Crude oil has doubled in price in the last year bc China and India are building highways like crazy and by its gonna get lots worse.

Wait, where are they getting the money to do that? Oh yeah, we're sending it to them!

And they're loaning it right back to us so we can buy their stuff!

We need to suck our own oil out of the ground from within our own country's borders. Seems quite simple to me.

Just after I started driving, prices dipped to the $0.69/gal range in the mid-to late 80's. It would be nice to see those prices again!

2.50/gallon here in Memphis. it will go down in the winter, then shoot right back up next summer

It is going for 2.59 a gallon here in Kansas City. Does anyone know why gas prices are so high? I read that exxon-mobile has posted record profits this year. Is this an issue of exploiting various situations to keep gas prices artificially high? Or is there a shortage of oil and or refineries?

It's $2.54 a gal for reg unleaded here in Oklahoma. Have a friend who owns a Shell Station, he told me it could go as high as $2.60 here. Maybe close to $3.00 a gal by Sept.

Glad we sold the Expedition= $80.00 at every fill.

All we can do is keep our autos running in peak condition and drive reasonalbe.

We stopped driving over 65mph on the interstate, helps alot.

Hopefully by that time, alot of auto makers have hydrogen as a main fuel.

I think they could due it real easy... But as my brother says, {Who Works for Our Governmet}.

Now! How many people would that put out of work, and companies go bankrupt?

Same way with Cancer... If they found a cure? How many companies would go under and millions of people would be unemployed? It's all about the money... Very Very Sad!!!!!!!

People around here are still driving like they are in a NASCAR race and there is lots of traffic and R,V and boats too.Lots of brand new SUV and big pickup trucks. I like cheap gas but seems like no one else is bothered or is protesting by trying to curb unnessary driving.

quote:

Originally posted by -SyN-:
Hopefully by that time, alot of auto makers have hydrogen as a main fuel.

I think they could due it real easy... But as my brother says, {Who Works for Our Governmet}.

Hydrogen can't work..it takes electricity to liberate hydrogen from water. If we had about 200 extra nuclear power plants it could be practical but..........
frown.gif

The value of the US dollar is shrinking, which makes the price of gas seem much higher than it really is, to Americans. Back in 1987 I remember paying c$0.49/L for gasoline. If you figure 4% inflation over 18 years, that works out to c$0.99/L which is equal to today's price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back