I have finally found a product for black trim

After much looking and trying different products, I finally found something that works to restore the look of black plastic trim. I didn't take a picture of my trim before using this product, but it had this white chalky look that I couldn't get rid of no matter what I used, and it was extremely ugly. This is a pic of the treated trim after driving the vehicle in the rain. Notice the nice, rich, black look, and the way it's beading the water. The product is called Wizards Black Renew Trim Restore. I actually stopped in at one my local body shops and asked a gentleman there if he could recommend something. He applied some of this product and I was amazed at how well it works. He said the nasty look will come back eventually, but this stuff will last a while. I'll just reapply as needed. At least this stuff works. Nothing I tried before did...

Attachments

• A317311F-3E73-44E6-880B-569C01CF16E0.jpeg
    A317311F-3E73-44E6-880B-569C01CF16E0.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I have used Back to Black and it looks good but does not last long. I did notice that using a blow drier and heating the plastic a bit as I applied it gave it more shine and a bit longer life but the UV always gets it in the end.

What is the product?
After much looking and trying different products, I finally found something that works to restore the look of black plastic trim. I didn't take a picture of my trim before using this product, but it had this white chalky look that I couldn't get rid of no matter what I used, and it was extremely ugly. This is a pic of the treated trim after driving the vehicle in the rain. Notice the nice, rich, black look, and the way it's beading the water. The product is called Wizards Black Renew Trim Restore. I actually stopped in at one my local body shops and asked a gentleman there if he could recommend something. He applied some of this product and I was amazed at how well it works. He said the nasty look will come back eventually, but this stuff will last a while. I'll just reapply as needed. At least this stuff works. Nothing I tried before did...

I have seen this before but I thought it was to protect undamaged plastic, not restoring sun faded.
I don't know what type of damage my trim was suffering from, but this stuff fully restored it...

Nothing fixes anything forever. How long is your forever?
Years. More or less indefinitely.

Solution Finish is dye/paint, and the coating darkens it further while providing additional gloss and UV protection. Because the substrate is porous, you can reapply the ceramic coating and it will bond.

I had a 1986 Jetta and the black trim around the wheel wells would turn almost white.
I finally cleaned them up, taped them off and sprayed a couple coats of flat black paint.

Last year I used the Magic Eraser, it lasted a year but was a lot of rubbing. I used the Wipe New this time and it came out almost perfect on my 2001 Tacoma. Not sure why there was a little swirl in one spot, but the rest looks awesome. I don't like the application because you seem to get one shot at it-no rubbing or overlapping suggested, and you should not get it on paint or glass. From 10' away it looks great for 21 year old plastic

Attachments

• 20210412_091125.jpg
    20210412_091125.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210412_091135.jpg
    20210412_091135.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210412_091202.jpg
    20210412_091202.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210412_091227.jpg
    20210412_091227.jpg