I Have a Tip For Anyone With An 07-14 Tahoe or Suburban

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2009 Suburban had a broken driver side engine mount. The engine wasn't moving excessively but it klunked every time I accelerated from a stop or went over a large bump in the road. I have a road trip coming up so I wanted to fix it. The mounts in these trucks are huge and have a big heat shield on them which is impossible to get out without disassembling half the engine compartment. My brother, who has a Tahoe, found these mounts made by a company called Atomic Fabrications or something along those lines that is very strong and compact. He bought a pair (for 340 dollars) figuring we could each use one on our driver sides.
I swapped in the new Atomic mount. I will say it was tons easier getting this one in than the original one out. I put everything back together and the second I started the engine I was disappointed. The engine vibrations could be felt through the steering wheel... Badly. There is NO WAY I'm driving from NY to Florida and back like this. So...
I did some research and found that the 09-10 H3 passenger side mount fits on both sides of Tahoes and Suburbans and is solid rubber. I believe it is the mount used by police and other fleet type users. The AC Delco number is 25847739.
It is significantly smaller than the original mount so I was able to get it in place by only removing the steering shaft and lifting the engine. It is also easier to access the bolts than the original part. I started the truck last night and took it for a test spin. No noise and no vibration. All ready for my trip now. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

Thanks. I'm going to save this posting.
cheers3.gif

depending on the material, rubber or various polys more or less vibes are transmitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back