i have a request to blackstone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Why not wait to start the thread when you get an answer?
Because he's a troll!
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif

Originally Posted By: tony1679
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Why not wait to start the thread when you get an answer?
Because he's a troll!
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif

I thought that maybe it was a Canadian thing.
13.gif
27.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
If the oil gets hot, ethanol should vaporize out.Is'nt the boiling point around 170 f ?

Flashpoint is 54F so it'd burn off very fast even though the boiling point is 174F.

54 f ?are you kidding me?everything is hotter then that before even starting the engine!this means ethanol is in gas form with the gas way before it touch the engine?so you guys were right odds of ethanol being in the oil is low.i wish i was a chemist.is there water in gas?

As far as i can understand boiling point is what would mather !why? Because it is the only way ethanol can vary with pressure.dam its so subtle ,i wouldnt have found.if i am right it is like this:ethanol is in vapor form get pressurised a bit by the gas pump (ideally in the fuel tank !(why?so boiling point is high enough,at atmospheric pressure the boiling point is 170 f how much is it if the ethanol gas is pressurised .if the flash point of ethanol is 54f ?then something bad is going on!any chemist in here?say ethanol vaporise at 54f!in the gas tank what is preventing the ethanol gas from doing flatuence an escape the gas .nothing.but when it escape isnt ethanol like water magnet?is it still like that in gas form.i had less question about this before this thread !but i am positive ,there is 0 % benefit to have ethanol in gas ,this would would need to be pressurised from starter to finish (a la natural gas)hopefully i m wrong ,but this feel like a sham designed to reduce car and truck durability via indirect water retention

I ll look further into this garak.security isnt the angle i was trying to show.gas vapor and ethanol vapor.might be just me that see a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back