I hate to do this, but.. question about ARX rinse oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by peterr:
If you have a VW/Audi engine and want to use a VW/Audi approved oil for ARX rinse then you could look at Castrol Syntec (not Belgian or German Castrol) that meets specs....

What am I missing? BC & GC are the ONLY Castrol Syntec oils that are VW approved.

quote:

I do all of my work on my VW jetta vr6... no problems. The a4 1.8t? a nightmare. What other car requires a full hour (+!) for a "simple" air filter replace?

Why do you need an hour to change the air filter? You only disengage four clips and the airbox is open!

quote:

I ran 5w30 dino oil in my '00 VW GTI 1.8T for four consecutive oil changes. Beginning at 15,150 miles, my OCI's were approx. 6320, 6680, 4870, & 3000 miles, respectively.

Keep in mind that these were 90% easy highway miles. The dino oil didn't seem to be an issue with my VW.

wavinwayne, is this about Big Red -- or was it Little Red?
wink.gif
I wouldn't use dino oil in a tubo engine, but follow the carmaker's recommendation. I have actually never (apart from one ARX rinse) used any dino oil, not even in my first car, a used 1980 Scirocco, which got synthetic BP Strato back in the late '80s. That you drove easy highway miles helps explain why your engine did not suffer apparent consequences.

alchu, thanks for ensuring we ever get testing work for Auto-Rx again!!
pat.gif

Darn its hard to keep my business and be an advocate for the PEOPLE.....
canada.gif
patriot.gif

Seriously, consider this; Auto-RX chemists are attempting to eliminate ANY restriction on a good cleaning/rinse and showing the product well. However, I am an independent tester of this product and am telling you what I see in literally thousands of oil analysis reports.

Indeed optimum cleaning will take place with no competition for metal surface. Either way I think you will get a good cleaning. If you choose a conventional oil as Auto-RX suggests the RX itself is adding a load of ester to the formula so if you are worried about wear control ,DON'T. Just don't go out and race anyone until the total cleaning and rinse is done.

In this case use the Exxon again and eliminate any POSSIBLE restrictions to cleaning. The RX will protect you for the rinse phase.

PLEASE use oil analysis so we can see how things turn out. A BEFORE and AFTER would have been eye opening for you..
gr_eek2.gif

At your service, Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back