I had the chance to by a(n)________and didn't do it.

I had a chance to keep my 1972 Gremlin but I sold it... for $700. It was actually very cool and fun to drive, and reliable. I liked it just as much as my 1965 and 1967 Mustangs, which I also later sold :bang head:

I forgot this one:
Back in 1981 I was sitting at a table in the "Smokers Lounge"-remember those?-at my law school talking to one of the other gear heads. One of the profs came in and sat at our table. He looked at me and said, I didn't know you were a car nut." My friend laughed, "You must be the only person here who didn't know that." The prof says, "Well, I wish I had known- I had a Sunbeam Alpine I was tired of fooling with. I gave it to my nephew but I would rather have given it to you."

Back in 1993, a corner used car lot had a 1967 Porsche 912 for sale. Paint was faded but it was otherwise in pretty good condition. My brother told me to pass, as it could only be a money pit at the asking price ($4000). I considered his advice, and passed on it to get a 1979 Volvo 264GL sedan instead. Talk about a money pit! The Volvo had the infamous PRV V6 with its cam made of (I swear) "compressed pencil lead" they were so quick to wear. I ended up giving the Volvo to Newgate for their automotive training program, and I see that 912s go for good money these days. ...

Back