I Had A Dream Last Night....

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Where I was changing the oil in my Q50 and an old lady suddenly appeared and handed me a jug of Valvoline Full Synthetic.

My oil needs to be changed. I'm at 8100 km on this current fill. Hopefully I can get around to it this weekend. When I do, I will be using VFS 5W-30. Bought a couple of those anti-glug jugs when we were in Chicago last fall so it's time to put them to use. They are D1G2 (not that it matters much in my Q50).

Undecided on the filter, but I'll probably use an OCOD for a 8000 km interval. Still under warranty so I have to follow the manual.

Originally Posted By: Garak
The Baldwins are still very cheap at Acklands.

I have one B1400 left. I won't be using the larger B1402 unless I am dumping in 5L, which I won't be. I only have 4.73L jugs in VFS.

I usually use the 1402, and really don't notice any difference on dipstick level versus the specified size when using the same jug of oil. I always have a hard time swallow WM's and CT's prices on filters.

Originally Posted By: CT8
My dreams aren't about changing engine oil.

As obsessed as I am about motor oil, I have also never had a dream about oil

happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: deven
While I am trying to fall asleep I think about oil draining from my oil pan, it relaxes me and puts me to sleep.

The DRIP DRIP DRIP keeps me awake.
07.gif

Originally Posted By: Carbuff
While I am trying to fall asleep I think about oil draining from my oil pan, it relaxes me and puts me to sleep.

07.gif

Take an Ambien like Rosanne Barr hehehe

Originally Posted By: Carbuff

07.gif

Take an Ambien like Rosanne Barr hehehe

If I ever come down with an affliction that requires medicine resembling Rosanne Barr to treat it, I believe I will just have to learn to live with the disease rather than try to cure it.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I usually use the 1402, and really don't notice any difference on dipstick level versus the specified size when using the same jug of oil. I always have a hard time swallow WM's and CT's prices on filters.

I bought a bunch of FRAMs and Bosch DP off the clearance shelf at Walmart down in the US. I agree with you on the pricing up here for FRAMs. Not worth it unless it's the Ultra.

Yes, on special, the Ultras do get fairly attractive, though I can still get the Wix cheap enough and the Baldwins are amazingly well priced after Acklands realised how nuts they were.
wink.gif

I wish our NAPAs would advertise their filter specials. All these years, and I lucked out only once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back