I Guess It's Time To Out Myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: deven
You can email Fram, they'll tell you that they coat their filter with PTFE resin which is a slow release resin that deposits PTFE particles in a slow amount during the whole OCI.

They don't coat their filter, they simply place a gel cartridge (plastic small cage) inside their Fram Extra Guard oil filter to create This One at the Fram Web Page, See the Cartridge Inside.

Originally Posted By: stickybuns
Originally Posted By: deven
You can email Fram, they'll tell you that they coat their filter with PTFE resin which is a slow release resin that deposits PTFE particles in a slow amount during the whole OCI.

They don't coat their filter, they simply place a gel cartridge (plastic small cage) inside their Fram Extra Guard oil filter to create This One at the Fram Web Page, See the Cartridge Inside.

I see, you were thinking of a previous product from Fram, the Double Guard. I forgot about that: 1996
"FRAM® develops a new way of delivering oil additive. The product is Double Guard® and the additive is suspended in the media and is released as the oil flows through." -- That one might have used teflon, NOT the new product which is Fram High Mileage, different name, different product, and they raise your TBN and cleaning power, but no friction or anti-wear additives in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back