I guess I'm done with Ravenol VST

Out of curiosity, I just checked Blauparts website for Ravenol VST. $72.00+ for a 5 liter jug! That's a $22.00 increase over what I paid for it 8 months ago.
I expected a price increase, but not that big of a one. I'm glad I stocked up earlier in the year, and have enough for two or three more annual oil changes.
Other grades don't seem to have increased that much.
I probably shouldn't have given it such a glowing review on their site. :mad:

A jug of Quaker state euro is $22 at wally's. The 99% @ 20um stp xl filter for it is $10 at autozone. The cheaper version is 6 but why not spend the extra 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: FZ1
A jug of Quaker state euro is $22 at wally's. The 99% @ 20um stp xl filter for it is $10 at autozone. The cheaper version is 6 but why not spend the extra 4.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^+ Just get a name brand in the approximate Viscosity as the Ravenol.

I just purchased two jugs of same last week. While the cost increase was noted, the satisfaction of using a high quality oil for 10k intervals trumps that pain.

People still pay for bottled water...geez....

Out of curiosity, I just checked Blauparts website for Ravenol VST. $72.00+ for a 5 liter jug! That's a $22.00 increase over what I paid for it 8 months ago.
I expected a price increase, but not that big of a one. I'm glad I stocked up earlier in the year, and have enough for two or three more annual oil changes.
@JohnnyG ,
You see the price on Am*zon.....$98 !

Reactions: JXW
Fwiw.
At the moment, the Ravenol USVO 5W-30 is £63 for 5 litres in UK. This compares to £53 for something like Mobil 1 ESP.

in certain period prices went from 35€ to double.
now i can see in some shops normal prices.

FYI, at that price, you can buy a American made oil that many people on this site endorse. It's supposed t9 be good. Supp9rt USA companies, support USA j9bs. They just had a open house.

Can't think 9f the company's name.

And if they don't m9ve this number bar a little higher from the keyboard bar on the next update, I'm g9ing iPhone.

BTW, if you go with the company mentioned, you don't have to worry about the bottle containing said oil, or Crisco.

Back