I gotta scientific question:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to make salt stick to almonds ?
confused2.gif

My uncle gave me a bag of vacuum packed almonds from Serrano Farms in La Grand California and for the life of me, I can't get the salt to stick to them.
confused2.gif

methinks there is oil involved in the roasting process that facilitates salt adhesion.(probably just the almond's own oil rising to the surface)

but i'm just guessing.

i would guess they are roasted, then tossed in salt while still hot.

but again, purely guesswork.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
Hot sauce has plenty of Sodium.

Mmmmmmmm hhhhhoooooot Saaaaaaauuuccccccceeeeee.

Ooooooh Yeeeeeah!

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Coat them with honey first.,,

That's what I was thinking.

Originally Posted By: Rosetta
Don't use anti freeze at all.
Or you could and feed them to cats..... just kidding

Wouldn't it be similar to pumpkin seeds?

This thread makes me think of how sesame seeds stick to buns! I'm going to follow this one!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is there anyway to make salt stick to almonds ?
confused2.gif

Yes.

Last edited:
Soak them in salty water for a while and then roast them at low temperature...200 degrees? ...until the water evaporates (leaving salt behind) and they're crunchy.

How about you whip up some eggs and dump almonds in or soak them in it.. then sprinkle with salt and roast (broil) for a short time. Thats what i would try.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
Originally Posted By: Rosetta
Don't use anti freeze at all.
Or you could and feed them to cats..... just kidding

Wouldn't it be similar to pumpkin seeds?

This thread makes me think of how sesame seeds stick to buns! I'm going to follow this one!

Egg whites applied with basting brush is my guess on the hamburger buns or they put them while theyre cooking ie.while moist.

Originally Posted By: suspiciousmind
Soak them in salty water for a while and then roast them at low temperature...200 degrees? ...until the water evaporates (leaving salt behind) and they're crunchy.

That sounds like the way to me too.

Last edited:
If you make a saturated brine, a very light spray and evaporation will leave a dusting of salt.

For saturated brine, I buy himalayan rock salt chunks from the animal produce fir 50c/lb, drop a large chunk in a pint jar and let it dissolve overnight.

As you use it, top up with water while ever there is solid salt in the jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back