I got the leak on my cruze 1.4T fixed for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought the 2012 Cruze 1.4T used from a Ford dealer with 51k on it, apparently they took it on trade that day and didn't even have time to inspect it, so I buy it and the next day I saw the coolant leak and called them and they said they would fix it.

Well I got it back today after they had it for the repair and they thankfully replaced the coolant housing, but it looks like they didn't replace the hose to the surge tank which is what I thought needed replaced ... I guess I should be happy they did the hard part. The bill says the replaced NPN Tank but it's definitely the same one... Looks like they drained the cooling system and replaced with ford's version of Dexcool, so free coolant drain and fill out of the deal, plus they changed the oil and threw on new wiper blades...

Thoughts?

Most dealers that sell new and used wont sell used vehicles that spew out fluids, even if you notice it a day later. They did the right thing but don't expect them to go overboard and replace the entire cooling system. But they shouldn't be stating they replaced something they didn't. It isn't required of them if it's fixed and all is well, but it displays the integrity of that dealer. The mechanic could put that part on Ebay. Dealer mechanics do that more than you think.

I am guessing they just mislabeled the part, because the only new part is the housing which I can clearly see is the new made in Germany GM Part. I am thankful they replaced the hard part which is the housing, the surge tank and hose are only about $20 each, and I can easily replace them myself.

Seems they did right by you.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
thumbsup2.gif

Yes, I think they looked after you fine, if they did all that for free.

I hope it really is 'fixed'.
I purchased a brand new Cruze in 2011 and had it back to the dealer several times for coolant loss/ coolant odor issues....they denied there was an issue despite 200 pages of complaints for the same issue on Cruzetalk.com. They finally replaced the surge tank with no improvement. I traded it in on a new 2014 Focus and haven't regretted it. Cruzetalk.com had several different hypothesis as to what was causing the problem but nobody ever had it solved. I think it's just a bad design.
PS: There was a class action lawsuit on this very issue.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Originally Posted By: Trav
thumbsup2.gif

Yes, I think they looked after you fine, if they did all that for free.

Yes I am happy how they have handled it thus far, and the page I'm showing you doesn't even include the free bodywork they billed to repair the front bumper cover which was damaged.

I'm sure they made out very well though, as I wasn't able to haggle with my limited amount of money down and they took the trade in that day so they didn't even have to deal with it on their books which I'm told is good for their bottom line.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I hope it really is 'fixed'.

Yes I have been drowning in posts from cruze talk about the many coolant issues with this car among others. I am keeping a close eye on the coolant level and watching for the surge tank and hose which are the two next biggest culprits.

the malibu's arent doing so well either!! nice size car for the $$$ but the newest engines are not so hot + wheel bearings + more wheel bearings are being replaced, some under warranty others after warranty because they put the same junk in for replacement!!!!

Got the other hose replaced by the dealer through much difficulty. They kept trying to charge me $250 for the hose and coolant top off.

It's on my to do list now that it's warmer to clean up the engine bay too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back